Here's an idea. Let's build something. Let's put together a team of actuarial talent that can keep our Fortune 5 global organization at the forefront of an industry and at the table when more change for the health care system is planned. We've made a great start. Now we need you. As an Actuarial Consultant at UnitedHealth Group, you'll be charged with analyzing some of the world's most complex and abundant stores of data and delivering bold, business-savvy solutions. In addition to inspiring everyday challenge, you'll find an accelerated actuarial development path to support you in your continuing post-graduate education and certification.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze and interpret the key drivers of health care trends
- Conduct and evaluate studies on pricing, utilization and health care cost; and determine the impact on premiums and health product proposals
- Develop pricing methodologies, assumptions, new rates and cost estimates
- Perform mathematical analyses and actuarial modeling to provide management with statistical findings and conclusions
- Design and run complex data programs as you perform quantitative analysis of actuarial, financial, utilization and costs data
You should be ready to demonstrate your master actuarial and leadership skills in a highly complex and matrixed health care environment. You will be challenged with becoming a trusted advisor and subject matter expert in your area of expertise while helping to drive business results.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries) or FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) designation
- 5+ years of Actuarial experience
- Experience working in finance or the health care industry
- At least a basic level of proficiency with SAS (Statistical Analysis System) and/or SQL (Structured Query Language)
Raising our game in actuarial science will help UnitedHealth Group maintain our leadership for years to come. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: senior Actuarial job, Actuary, math, statistical, healthcare, health care, modeling, pricing, reserving, consulting, trending, forecasting, analysis, SQL, SAS, FSA, ASA, Minnetonka, MN