Here’s an idea. Let’s build something. Let’s put together a team of actuarial talent that can keep our Fortune 6 global organization at the forefront of an industry and at the table when more change for the health care system is planned. We’ve made a great start. Now we need you. As an Actuarial Consultant at UnitedHealth Group, you’ll be charged with analyzing some of the world’s most complex and abundant stores of data and delivering bold, business-savvy solutions. In addition to inspiring everyday challenge, you’ll find an accelerated actuarial development path to support you in your continuing post-graduate education and certification.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support National Accounts, including Underwriting and Sales, on a range of actuarial issues
- Perform and assist with various analyses for National Account clients, including benefit design strategy, network analysis, high performance network savings analyses, product pricing, trend analysis, consumer engagement studies, and trend and discount guarantees
- Develop and maintain various actuarial tools and studies for large group ASO medical benefits
- Develop pricing methodologies and assumptions for new and innovative products
- Perform mathematical analyses, actuarial modeling, and book of business experience studies
- Develop presentation materials and communicate results of actuarial analyses to various stakeholders including National Account clients
You should be ready to demonstrate your master actuarial and leadership skills in a highly complex and matrixed health care environment. You will be challenged with becoming a trusted advisor and subject matter expert in your area of expertise while helping to drive business results.
- Excellent quantitative, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks among competing deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Math, Economics or related field
- ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries) or FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) designation
- 5+ years of Actuarial experience
- Advanced proficiency with Excel
- Previous employer medical experience with large group ASO medical experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Access, VBA, SQL (Structured Query Language), and SAS
- Working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: actuarial, actuary, ASA, FSA, Excel, ASO, insurance, health care, work from home, telecommute, VBA, SQL, Access, SAS, actuarial science, actuarial consulting