Do you like the idea of tracking and effectively managing risk? As a key member of the actuarial department, you will support UnitedHealth Group's growth and financial goals and help rewrite the company's history.
As a key member of the Optum Actuarial Consulting team, you will support UnitedHealth Group's growth and financial goals to help rewrite the company's history. In your role as a Senior Actuarial Consultant, you will be empowered, supported and encouraged to use your Actuarial expertise to change the future of health care. You'll find an accelerated Actuarial development path to support you in your continuing post-graduate education and certification. Join us. There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
You will have the opportunity to perform data mining and analysis that impacts foundational pricing and risk assumptions. As a Senior Actuarial Consultant, you will analyze medical and pharmacy costs to understand drivers based on a variety of factors. You will perform financial analysis to improve the competitiveness of our health plans and support reserve development. In this role you will perform detailed technical work, lead/participate on ad hoc projects, and lead direct Client communication as tools and models are presented.
- Extract and compile cost and utilization data to evaluate Actuarial models
- Develop data reporting capabilities for management
- Forecast medical trends
- Create customized modeling as part of a broader team working on large projects across a variety of clients
- Bachelor's degree
- Must be on the Actuarial exam track, having passed 3 or more Actuarial exams
- 3+ years of experience working in a corporate environment including experience collecting, analyzing and summarizing qualitative/quantitative data
- Advanced proficiency working with formulas, calculations, charts, graphs in MS Excel
- Experience working in the health care industry
- 1+ year of experience building Actuarial models in SAS (Statistical Analysis System), VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) and/or SQL (Structured Query Language)
- A basic level of proficiency with MS Access
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: actuary, ASA, trending, forecasting, actuarial modeling, reporting, Excel, SAS, SQL, exams, Eden Prairie, MN