We all know that there's a lot more to come in the changes sweeping through the health care industry. But if change is going to shape our world, it's comforting to know that we're shaping the change.
At Optum, the actuarial consulting leader in health care innovation, your performance, your ideas and your innovative thinking will help us improve the lives of millions. As the Actuarial Senior Consultant, you will join an elite team committed to changing health care through outstanding service and valuable products. You'll use innovative tools including the largest database of health care information in the world. You will perform mathematical analyses and actuarial modeling to identify statistical findings and conclusions. You'll find an accelerated actuarial development path to support you in your continuing post-graduate education and certification. Join us. There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(SM)
- Data analysis
- Actuarial modeling
- Participating in client relationships
- Designing and running complex data programs
- Performing quantitative analysis of actuarial, financial, utilization and cost data
- Forecasting and trend analysis
- Analyzes and investigates actuarial questions / problems
- Provides explanations and interpretations within area of expertise
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Candidates must be on the Actuarial exam track, having passed a minimum of 4 or more Actuarial exams (Associate of the Society of Actuaries or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries designation preferred)
- 4+ years of Actuarial experience
- Expertise working with formulas, calculations, charts, graphs in MS Excel
- Ability to communicate complex information
- Experience working in finance or the healthcare industry
- At least a basic level of proficiency with SAS (Statistical Analysis System) and/or SQL (Structured Query Language)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.