DescriptionThe Actuary, Analytics/Forecasting Medicare Advantage Actuarial Infrastructure and Development (MAAIDS) analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. Establishes metrics, provides data analyses, and works directly to support business intelligence. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization's short, medium and long-term financial and competitive position. The Actuary, Analytics/Forecasting works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Actuary, Analytics/Forecasting ensures data integrity by developing and executing necessary processes and controls around the flow of data. Collaborates with stakeholders to understand business needs/issues, troubleshoots problems, conducts root cause analysis, and develops cost effective resolutions for data anomalies. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
Humana is seeking an Actuary to provide measurement and evaluation of risk, as well as recommendations for action, consistent with established actuarial methods and standards.
- Duties include, project prioritization, independent and collaborative project planning and analysis, along with the effective communication of findings to key stakeholders
- Role will report directly to Managing Actuary and will be dedicated to advancing the analytic maturity of the team and department
- Development of sound applications and models necessary to efficiently measure, monitor, and forecast Medicare Advantage business
- Collaborate with other teams within MAA-IDS that create forecasting methodology to ensure best practices are followed; develop methodology for use in models and tools and validate methodology used in tools
- Analyze existing forecasting and assumption development processes to recommend enhancements and perform/use A-to-E analysis to improve methodology
- Prepares comprehensive documented observations, analyses and interpretations of results including technical reports, summaries and quantitative analyses
- Requires communication and presentation skills, working independently with Senior Products Actuarial and other leading analytical and forecasting partners across the enterprise on actuarial analyses
- Support Medicare Advantage Bid Development
- Bachelor's Degree
- FSA or ASA plus relevant advanced degree, recent and relevant work experience, and/or other relevant professional designations.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in more than two functions (e.g., modeling, pricing, rate filing, reporting & analysis, reserving or trending)
Scheduled Weekly Hours40