Department:OH1CN_86006_000 Master Degree Nursing Program
Expected Weekly Hours:0
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we provide our colleagues with the support and learning opportunities they need to truly grow and thrive. This commitment to professional excellence is just one way in which we’re empowered to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities.
Job Description Details:
At Mount Carmel, we provide our colleagues with the support and learning opportunities they need to truly grow and thrive. This commitment to professional excellence is just one way in which we’re empowered to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities.
For over 100 years Mount Carmel College of Nursing has been committed to lifelong learning in the science of professional nursing. Today our commitment to learning has never been stronger, and has made us the largest private BSN program in Ohio. We’re also committed to faculty experiences and providing our educators the most innovative learning environment possible. The personal passion of our faculty to do what’s right will positively impact patient outcomes for years to come.
Primary function of the Instructor III is the instruction of Mount Carmel College of Nursing students. Maintains academic records regarding the progress of students. Advises students in academic matters. Participates in curriculum planning, implementation and development. Nursing Instructor functions
within the mission and strategic plan of Mount Carmel College of Nursing. Primary function of this position is the instruction of Mount Carmel College of Nursing students. Evaluates and maintains academic records regarding the progress of students. Advises students in academic matters. Participates in curriculum planning, implementation
- Supervises, evaluates, and advises students in classroom, laboratory, and clinical experiences.
- Maintains student records.
- Facilitates a learning and caring environment which encourages critical thinking, investigation, self-direction, and respect for the uniqueness of each individual student.
- Maintains communication and oversees the activities of Assistant Instructors/Preceptors regarding course curriculum and student evaluation, if applicable.
- Participates in professional activities, programs and professional organizations.
- Participates in peer review.
- Participates in College and Faculty Assembly according to full-time/part-time employment status.
- Attends required College functions.
- Mentors new faculty.
- Participates in scholarly activities, either individually or collaboratively.
Experience teaching economics in healthcare
- Master's Degree required (MSN or MBA). Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience. PhD/DNP will be considered with no teaching experience.
- Licensure / Certification: Must hold a current active unrestricted licensure as an RN in the State of Ohio, if applicable. CPR certification required with RN licensure, if applicable.
- Experience: A minimum of at least two years in the practice of nursing.
- Teaching experience in collegiate or university setting preferred.
- Experience in curriculum development preferred.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Active in professional and community organizations.
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day . Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.