DescriptionThe Administrative Assistant 2 follows established procedures and guidelines to provide timely and effective secretarial support to an office, business unit, department, or other organization. Answers telephones, screens calls, and takes messages so callers/visitors are attended to promptly, courteously, and accurately. The Administrative Assistant 2 performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
The Administrative Assistant 2 transcribes, types, formats, and proofreads a variety of material (e.g., correspondence, invoices, contracts, meeting minutes, reports, speeches, and presentations) using word processing, presentation, graphics and spreadsheet software. Coordinates internal and external meetings which may involve scheduling meeting times, making travel arrangements for attendees, and ensuring that various meeting amenities are available. Manages the appointments and schedules of applicable staff. Uses office equipment such as photocopiers, faxes, and printers. Additional responsibilities may include distributing incoming mail, preparing outgoing mail, filing, maintaining office supplies or other inventory. Decisions are typically focus on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous administrative experience supporting a Director or above
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiecyt in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail
- Capacity to maintain confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to balance multiple initiatives and prioritize workload
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with internet research and proof-reading/editing
Scheduled Weekly Hours40