At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wells Fargo Middle Market Banking Group (MMB) solicits and maintains relationships with businesses by offering a full array of credit, technologically advanced treasury management and investment products. These relationships represent a range of industries including professional services, general commercial, manufacturing, distribution, and global companies among other specialties. MMB is committed to our customers' business success through solid, long-term customer relationships.
Provide a variety of administrative duties in support of one or more senior managers. Screening and selectively handling phone calls; creating various correspondence; coordinate meetings and travel arrangements; prioritize and manage daily emails; prepare expenses; proxy for various internal systems, privy to sensitive information as it pertains to the LOB, assisting with budgets; supporting and facilitating larger projects requested by others; extensive interaction w/ HR business partners, Marketing, and Facilities teams. Will work with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Concur, Time Tracker, and SharePoint.
- Communicate and interact with Wells Fargo management, and occasionally with customers and referral sources
- Compose complex and/or confidential correspondence to internal and external clients and business partners
- Coordinate travel schedules for RVP, including the timely preparation and submission of related expense reports
- Develop familiarity with callers and maintain fine-tuned sense of priority of callers and time sensitivity of matters
- Plan and execute special events for small and large events for prospects customers and internal special meetings
- Acts as an information source on departmental/business unit policies and procedures
- Coordinate with contractors to ensure all office equipment and operations are fully functioning.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 2+ years of administrative support experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Experience onboarding new hires
- Experience managing projects
- Experience managing special events, including Ticket Management.
- Experience in a senior support role
- Experience managing calendaring and expense reports
- Experience managing personal and confidential company materials with sensitivity and discretion
- Must be highly focused and results oriented in supporting complex, deadline driven operations, exercise sound judgment and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and complete projects with limited direction
- Demonstrated ability to speak effectively and confidently with all levels of management
- Coordination and Tracking of Accounts Receivable/Payable
- Office Supply Orders
- Pull Reports from CRM Tools
- Notary or willingness to become a notary
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.