NAMI Queens Nassau Administrative Assistant
NAMI Queens/Nassau - New Hyde Park, NY
NAMI Queens/Nassau (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is seeking an Administrative Assistant looking for long term part time employment (20 to 28 hours/week) with a strong desire to make a difference and a commitment to professional excellence. The ideal candidate will be an individual who is detail oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills and who is comfortable multi-tasking. Duties include maintaining data bases, banking, and record keeping, responding to Help Line calls, getting out mailings, and coordinating volunteers. Experience with Word and Excel is required. Knowledge of QuickBooks and Constant Contact a plus. The ideal candidate will have a background in mental health and be personable, empathetic, and flexible. Ideally, s/he will also be familiar and comfortable with social media management and website maintenances. At least 2 years of administrative office experience a must.
Reports To: Executive Director
The incumbent is detail oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills and comfortable with multi-tasking. Duties include updating/maintaining data bases, banking, and record keeping, responding to Help Line calls, getting out mailings, and coordinating program volunteers. Experience with Word and Excel is required. Knowledge of QuickBooks and Constant Contact a plus. S/He will preferably have a background in mental health, be personable, empathetic, and flexible and will have a minimum of 2 years of administrative office experience. S/he will ideally be familiar with and comfortable with website management and would be expected to carry out various marketing tasks.
· Maintain databases and communicate through email or letters.
· Perform tasks relating to banking including scanning deposits and recording deposits into QuickBooks.
· Provide office support for the NAMI Walk manager including maintaining a database of donors, sending out mailings, thank you letters, and preparing materials for distribution at NAMIWalks events.
· Answer calls to the NAMI Queens/Nassau office Help Line.
· Coordinate and supervise volunteers for mailing projects, phone calls, data entry.
· Prepare materials for distribution at monthly meetings.
· Maintain/update website as needed.
· Executing email blasts
· At least 2 years of strong administrative office experience.
· Must be skilled in database entry in Word, Access, and Excel. Experience with QuickBooks and Constant Contact a plus.
· Minimum of a HS Diploma,a college is degree strongly preferred.
· Strong interpersonal and empathetic communication skills are required.
Salary - Commensurate with experience.
The selection of days for this position is flexible. We are open Monday-Friday, 9:30-4:00 PM, No Nights / Weekends required. We treat all of our employees like family members and are looking for someone who is interested in a long term position.
Hours - 20 to 28 hours /week
Resume & Cover Letter - Please send resume and include a brief cover letter including experience, availability, salary requirements, and why you would be a good fit for our organization. Respond via email.
Job Type: Part-time