WHELAN SECURITY IS NOW HIRING
GENERAL:A Whelan Security employee must represent Whelan's 10 Core Values of Truth-Telling, Promise-Keeping, Respect, Loyalty, Empowerment, Discipline, Leadership, Flexibility, Quality Assurance, and Results while performing the following duties: The Whelan Security administrative ambassador is an energetic, friendly and ambitious professional capable of handling multiple administrative and customer service related responsibilities. You are the first person that our clients, their employees and guests interact with. You are our brand ambassador and front line of defense. We count on you to ensure each visitor has an exceptional experience. REPORTING STRUCTURE:The Administrative Ambassador will typically report directly to the Security Manager, and dotted line to the Office Manager. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- At least, 3-5 years of administrative or other relevant experience
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well under pressure and with a diverse range of personalities
- Understands how to deliver amazing customer service whether to an employee or VIP visitor
- Proven project management and organizational skills
- An extremely high sense of urgency and ability to work in fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility at times to support events that may occur during off hours
- Computer Skills (G-Suite)
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift)
- Ability to work indoor and outdoor in a variable environment
- Ability to read and write detailed report
- Can follow instructions and can complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Knows how to prioritize assignments and seek guidance if necessary
- Accept constructive feedback and moves forward in a positive manner
- Greet, check in, direct visitors and assure they are taken care of in a timely manner
- Promptly answer phones, address inquiries, and deliver all messages to the appropriate individuals in a professional manner
- Assist with ordering inventory, supplies and other related orders as needed
- Partner closely with security to ensure visitors are checked in with proper identification, visitor badges, and have signed non-disclosure agreements, etc.
- Maintain and organize front reception area, we can get quite busy with VIP visits
- Sort mail and sign for packages
- Contact employees to sign for and pick up packages
- Assist Management with creating expense reports
- Manages calendar, assists with computer data entry/filing
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends
- Assists with Design and implement office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Work cross-functionally with Office Manager and other departments to align on upcoming events, special visitors and/or special projects
- Drive improvements or find creative solutions for inefficiencies in Reception
- Respond quickly to critical situations
- Provide access control to facility
- Observe and report activities at an assigned site
- Enforce procedure, regulation, and standards of client
- Other duties as assigned by Whelan Security and client contract requirements
EducationCandidates must meet the following educational requirements:
- Possess at least a high school education or equivalent (GED)
Click "Apply" to begin the application process immediately; or if you wish to expedite your application, we encourage you to visit our local branch office. 2025 Gateway Place Suite 335, San Jose CA 95110 or call (408) 326-0210 or (408) 510-2185
If you have an interest in joining a leader in the contract security industry and would like to work at one or more of our outstanding client locations - Apply Now! http://careers.whelansecurity.com/
Not convinced? Listen to what our team members have to say!
At Whelan, we value people and we value relationships.
Extraordinary people work at Whelan -- are you one?
Whelan Security of California, Inc.
CA Private Patrol Number: 16344
Los Altos, CA 94022