The Cultural Institutions Retirement System ("CIRS") administers three multiemployer plans (i.e., defined benefit pension, 401(k) savings and group life insurance) for approximately 250 daycare centers and 50 cultural institutions (including the American Museum of Natural History and the Wildlife Conservation Society) in the New York City area. Established in 1962, CIRS provides retirement benefits to over 21,000 members including more than 8,000 active child care and cultural institution workers, ensuring the financial future and well being of its plan members. Please visit our website at www.CIRSplans.org.
CIRS offers a small, highly collegial and work/life balanced environment. We are an organization undergoing expansion in a challenging business climate, with a leadership that is committed to continual development and growth of its employees and capabilities as a service provider. The Administrative Receptionist will be located in a midtown, NYC office and have significant exposure to CIRS staff and management team, providing essential support to the effective functioning of the office. Success in the role requires demonstration of initiative and accountability for producing high quality work product outcomes; problem-solving ability; communication (oral/written) skills, and have the seasoning and maturity required to interact effectively with a diverse client audience.
Key responsibilities include but may not limited to:
- Occupying the reception desk and handling all related duties to include:
- -Covering Phones;
- -Greeting / announcing clients, vendors, job applicants and other visitors and guests;
- -Responding to routine questions posed by outside callers and/or facilitating responses with CIRS staff assistance;
- - Maintaining appointment, call logs and filing;
- -Processing daily mail;
- -Setting up meetings and appointments for staff members.
- Preparing reports and other correspondence for management and staff as needed to include: typing, proofing and editing and preparing presentations in Excel, Word or PowerPoint.
- Supporting client servicing efforts by researching and answering questions from Participating Employers and/or Plan Participants or coordinating responses to questions with appropriate Member Services team members.
assistance on other projects or tasks as needed and requested.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Sufficient years of experience to be "seasoned" in relevant office administration and support activities; experience working in a professional service environment is a plus.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) a must.
- Effective interpersonal/communication (verbal/written) skills with the seasoning and maturity to build positive rapport and relationships with diverse audiences.
- Initiative and accountability for producing high quality, timely work.
- Bi-lingual fluency in Spanish (a plus).
- Must be able to commute daily to a mid-town NYC office.
How to apply:
We offer a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package. If you qualify and are interested, please send resume and pay requirements in strict confidence to: .
Note: Segal is an employee benefits and human resources consulting firm that has been retained by CIRS to conduct this recruitment on its behalf. Employment will be with CIRS.
Diversity and Inclusion:
CIRS is committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, or, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender entity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides CIRS with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.