Department:OH1MH_60509_002 NSG Admin 3-11/11-7 Mcw
Expected Weekly Hours:0
Shift:12 Hour Night Shift
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Being the professional destination for nurses begins with courageous leaders. At Mount Carmel our focus is on leadership development. We designed our dedicated Leadership Academy to provide growth at every level. We encourage participative management. Because true nursing excellence is created when all Nurses are accountable and focused on people-centered care.
The Registered Nurse Administrative Supervisor in collaboration with the management team, serves as a support person in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating optimal patient care activities on the nursing units; and functions as a resource person to other hospital departments on given tour of duty within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the organization.
- Managing Performance: In collaboration with the management team provides coaching, direction and supervision of all staff members in house during assigned shift. Facilitates appropriate human, material and other resources to ensure effective patient care. Expedites patient flow to minimize diversion of patient access.
- Education and Training: Partners with appropriate persons to educate employees in organizational policy, changes, and new technologies. Recommends, supports, and participates in education opportunities. Demonstrates appropriate clinical competencies.
- Financial Performance: Ensures financial performance and profitability of designated areas through monitoring and evaluating resource utilization and equipment distribution during assigned shift. Collaborates with Unit Directors and Patient Care Staff in maintaining the correct staffing throughout the hospital.
- Performance Improvement: In collaboration with the management team, focuses on optimal patient outcomes, regulatory compliance and quality improvement initiatives.
- Communication: Follows and/or establishes communication channels to ensure appropriate effective internal and external communication between and among stakeholders.
- Service Excellence: Monitors and ensures optimal level of patient, staff and physician satisfaction and patient expectation and service levels.
- Meets population specific and all other competencies according to department requirements.
- Promotes a Culture of Safety by adhering to policy, procedures and plans that are in place to prevent workplace injury, violence or adverse outcome to associates and patients.
Relationship-based Care: Creates a caring and healing environment that keeps the patient and family at the center of care throughout their experience at Mount Carmel following the principles of our interdisciplinary care delivery system.
- Education: Graduate from school of nursing. Baccalaureate degree strongly desired.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in State of Ohio.
- Minimum of four to five years recent clinical experience in hospital setting with Care Manager/Charge Nurse or other relevant hospital management experience required.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Demonstrates results oriented leadership and management ability.
- Demonstrates facilitation and team skills.
- Telemetry qualified or has attended the basic ECG course.
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day . Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.