Admissions Coordinator for Healthcare Company
Primary Location: CA-CAIrvine-163 Technology Dr
CareMeridian is seeking the right fit for our corporate office in Irvine, CA who can coordinate prospective resident inquiries and resident admissions for CareMeridian’s programs and services while in a fast paced environment and facilitate communication to act as an effective hub for the operations team, marketing team, payer source, and patient/patient’s family.
For CareMeridian and The MENTOR Network, an Admissions Coordinator is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
Every one needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support our operations, patients; children and adults with medical complexities; and/or adults with brain injuries, spinal chord injuries or other such medically fragile and complex conditions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorilyperform each essential function listed below. Reasonable accommodationsmay be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.
1. Handles prospective resident inquiries and provides information regarding
CareMeridian’s programs and services. (Training is provided at length in this
2. Manages the referral line phone calls and the web-site referral system inquiries.
Facilitates an immediate response by each region to caller’s requests.
Provides research and resources to outside and internal callers regarding
programs and product lines.
3. Establishes and maintains relationships with potential referral sources
determination of potential residents’ financial viability. Identifies all types
of funding possibilities including primary, secondary, and ancillary
insurances, as well as any possible “red flags.” Verifies prospective residents’
health insurance coverage, completes all funding verification protocols, and
informs evaluator and facility operations staff of benefits
determination of potential residents’ clinical viability. Works with facility
operations staff to determine clinical aptness and appropriate level of care
and justification based on the pre-admission evaluation and the payer contract
pre-certification and establishes exchange with payer case manager in order to
obtain authorization to admit and to confirm the level of care and
7. Works with payer, facility operations staff, evaluators, and family, as
necessary, to ensure everything is in place prior to admission.
8. Completes and processes intake form, notifies evaluator and sends documents for
database input. Distributes records and other documents to appropriate
staff for clinical and medical approvals; tracks and documents status of
clinical and medical approvals.
9. Maintains and updates the patient database with prospective resident referrals
and their statuses.
necessary admission information for all new residents into the billing system.
administrative assistance to VP of Managed Care and Payer Contracting when
quarterly reports and monthly monitors concerning prospective resident types
and statuses, as part of the Performance Improvement Program.
Performs other related duties and activities as the position is required.
- Experience in medical and/or marketing field (preferred - not required)
- High School Diploma
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-orientated environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel
- Experience with database management preferred but not required
- Experience and general knowledge regarding HMO/PPO insurance as it relates to the medical field