Job ID 32946
Position Location US-FL-Tallahassee
Facility Name Tallahassee, Consulate Health Care of
Job Category Admissions
Position Status FT (Full Time)
An extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a culture you can be proud of by joining one of the nations’ top Long Term Care, Skilled Nursing health care providers in our dynamic facility located in Tallahassee, FL.
Purpose of Your Job Position
As Admissions Assistant, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. The primary purpose of your job position is to support the admissions department’s activities in the pre-admission, admission, discharge, and follow-up You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
As Admissions Assistant,you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for supporting the admissions department’s activities in the preadmission, admission, discharge, and follow-up processes No supervisory function. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by the supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts tours of facility for prospective residents whether walk-ins or scheduled admissions.
- Receives patient referral when they are called directly into the facility, disseminates the information to the Director of
- Admissions and follows up accordingly.
- Assists Director of admissions to contact families of potential residents and invite for tour.
- Tracks pre-admission referral activity daily.
- Assist with arrangements and confirmation of all admissions.
- Assigns attending physician.
- Verification of payor source, i.e., Medicare, managed Care, Medicaid, Insurance.
- For Medicaid pending, collect copy of date-stamped application prior to admission. All deviations require prior approval of Executive Director and RVPO.
- Obtain prior approval number from payor on a per case basis when authorized.
- Notify case manager and/or DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL SERVICES of any potential risks.
- Ensure level of care approval obtained and or OBRA screen (PASSAR, MIMR) when indicated.
- Order specialized equipment as indicated (review contract content for need to obtain prior approval for authorized payor. Example: CPM, Flexicare, when authorized)
- Notify departments of anticipated admission.
- Complete face sheet, attach to clinical screen, copy and distribute to appropriate departments.
- Contact the County Department of Social Service/Medicaid office to verify eligibility and determine estimate of co-pay/family participation amount when appropriate.
- Tracks acute hospital admissions to ensure readmission of patients.
- Coordinates weekend/ holiday admissions in conjunctions with Director of Admissions.
- Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect and passion, and incorporate them into the daily job function.
- Demonstrates respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conducts oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrates a passion for caring as evidenced by interactions with co-workers, residents, families and visitors.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care Liaison duties as needed.
- As a level II, preceptor duties may be assigned to assist with a new employee’s transition and adjustment to his/her specific role. Refer to the Preceptor Program for Admissions for specific direction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Welcomes patient on admission and accompanies patient to room
- Ensures receipt of all necessary documentation form referring institution.
- Assigns medical record number/Enters patient in Admission Log Book.
- Initiates and completes specified components of the facility admission packet with patient and/or responsible party.
- Assist Business Office Manager with collection of private funds and/or co-pay/family participation if not collected during pre-admission.
- Maintains Resident Roster, waiting list and inquiry list as specified per state regulations including receipts.
- Coordinates room assignment designation with nursing department.
- Coordinates clinical assessment/screening and ensures appropriate clinical acceptance in a timely manner in the absence of Director of Admissions.
- Ensure timely delivery of census report to corporate office and essential services as per company policy.
- Attends morning meeting and/or PPS meeting when assigned.
- Responsible for census development duties as assigned.
- Assist Director of Admissions with monthly tracking forms as assigned.
- Participates in conference calls with RVPA as assigned.
Must possess a Secondary Education Diploma or GED equivalency required.
At least one year experience in Health Care/ Business Development/ Insurance. Familiar with Medical Terminology. Excellent Interpersonal, Coordinating and Organizational Skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients