At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Consumer Credit Card and Retail Services (CRS) team focuses on the growth and management of Wells Fargo's consumer credit card portfolio, including general purpose and co-brand cards. In addition, our team delivers industry-leading rewards, offers and benefits that recognize and celebrate our customers' relationship with Wells Fargo and keep us focused on earning and re-earning more of their business. We also continue to explore innovative new solutions for helping consumers accomplish their financial goals. All of this is enabled by our strong teams in loan operations, project and systems delivery, customer excellence, strategy, analytics and our partners in risk, marketing and finance.
The Financial Analysis & Consulting team is a dynamic and exciting group in charge of optimizing and growing Wells Fargo’s income by balancing risk and reward through sophisticated financial modeling and analytical techniques.
This role will support Credit Card Acquisitions with a focus on Marketing and Risk Initiatives including Direct Mail Campaign support including new product and offer strategy, new scorecards and line assignment strategies, channel strategy including branch and outbound telemarketing. This job will involve financial P&L pro-forma/cash flow/NPV analysis, performance tracking, setting up and evaluating tests, behavioral profiling, and customer segmentation.
The candidate will be working closely with partners in Risk Management, Product Management and Marketing to propose new business cases that are financially sound and allocate the bank’s capital in an optimal matter. You will play a critical role in working with partners to establish strategic initiatives and focus for the company. You will have the opportunity to leverage creative and industry-leading technologies in a fast-paced environment with senior management exposure. Experience in manipulating large analytical databases using the SAS programming language is preferred.
The business you support requires strategies that leverage best practices from both quantitative and judgmental decisioning. Your value will not only come from being able to analyze data, but from thinking creatively and partnering successfully with other stakeholders to implement practical solutions.
Key Factors for Success:
• Must possess strong quantitative and analytic skills, and be comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities and execute on projects/assigned deliverables
• Ability to logically structure analytical problems and use effective reasoning skills to evaluate financial opportunities/issues
• Strong business partnership skills
• Capable of communicating in terms of big picture, but working with close attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong presentation skills
Please note: this is not an IT, data processing, system programmer or statistician position.Required Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: analytics, reporting, financial modeling, statistical modeling, finance, or accounting; or a BS/BA or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics or Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: analytics, reporting, financial modeling, statistical modeling, finance, or accounting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including high level of proficiency in modeling
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
• Experience in credit card financial cash flow modeling
• Previous experience in finance and/or risk management is preferred
• Strong understanding of financial concepts and methodologies (NPV, ROA, ROE and RWA)
• Advanced Excel skills including nested formulas, arrays, and VBA.
• Ability to program in SAS and analyze large date sets using this software
• 3+ years of unsecured credit related experience
• Experience with statistical packages and time series forecasting techniques
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.