Advanced Nurse Practitioner- 8 hours/week
Primary Location: United States-NJ-NJMt. Laurel
New Jersey MENTOR
Office based initial assessments and monthly med reviews. One weekday 12-6pm. Youth scheduled every 30 minutes for medication review and full hour for initial assessments.
- Evaluates individual health care status of patients, including eliciting patient history, performance of physical examination, ordering of screening and diagnostic tests, and risk assessment.
- Interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and interpret patient’s clinical problems and health care needs to establish a diagnosis. Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
- Discusses case with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan. Submits health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation by physician.
- Monitors the individual’s response to therapy/medication and revises the plan, as indicated, with particular attention to education and counseling and encouragement of self-care. Cares for the patient within the context of the patient’s life and culture.
- Ensures that current and complete medical records and reports are in accordance with regulatory and corporate standards, including medication administration records and physician’s orders.
- Educates clients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications according to established guidelines and approved nursing techniques. Provides documentation for all medications given.
- Participates in quality and process improvement activities to improve individual care and/or related systems.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Master's degree in Nursing and three years related experience
- Current state Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Successful completion of an approved nurse practitioner program and current approval by the join Board of Medical Examiners and Board of Nursing to perform medical acts
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state