Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
This Medicare & Retirement Agent Manager will supervise and train Agents to sell the UnitedHealth Group (UHG) portfolio of products offered to Medicare beneficiaries and individuals age 50+. This Agent Manager is responsible for achieving assigned sales/membership growth targets through Independent Career Agents (ICA's) in their territories.
- Partner with the ICA Recruiting Manager to source and select candidates to ensure a continual pipeline and sufficient base of staff to meet assigned sales/membership growth targets
- Act as a liaison between ICAs and UHG sales process owners to ensure ICAs are appropriately set up and supported across their lifecycle. This includes, contracting, licensing/appointment, certification, training, enrollment administration, commission payment, agent servicing, etc.
- Partner with the Community Developer (CD) and Sales Director (SD) to identify and develop relationships with individuals and organizations that influence the buying behavior of our target consumer (i.e., providers, regulators, faith-based organizations, and associations, etc.)
- Organize involvement in formal and on-the-job training to ensure an accurate understanding of our products, compliance/policy requirements, sales processes, brand and value proposition messages and sales systems
- Facilitate engagement of ICAs in executing these plans and ensure that ICAs appropriately build and advance our brand and value proposition and represent our product portfolio and service offerings
- Ensure ICAs adhere to sales and marketing guidelines associated with Medicare regulations, partner expectations and company policies and procedures
- Organize activities, leads and territories to ensure effective and efficient coordination across the territory
- Conduct ride-alongs to observe sales techniques and ensure alignment with expectations and compliance with CMS regulations
- Coach / develop staff to achieve quantitative and qualitative performance targets
- Use data and insights to coach for optimal performance
- Monitor sales results, trends and hold representatives accountable for achieving targets
- Provide a structured certification process, training processes and the available systems tools
- Coach and manage performance
- Manage day-to-day time and activities of assigned ICAs have to ensure appropriate leading indicators of success and corresponding sales results
- Continually build and nurture ICA agents
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings to review sales results/activities and provide feedback/coaching on opportunities for improvement
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each organization and how it impacts the marketplace
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years sales, financial service, recruiting or business development experience
- Able to obtain IL health insurance license within 90 days of hire
- Access to reliable transportation to travel to client and/or patient sites within designated sales territory area
- Travel up to 50% time within assigned IL sales territory
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Live within a commutable distance to Chicago, IL
- Medicare, Medicaid or managed care experience
- Active IL health insurance license
- Experience selling Medicare Advantage/ Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans (D-SNPs)
- Prior Broker management experience
- Proven professional relationships within IL broker market or network sources
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Agent Manager, Medicare & Retirement, Chicago, IL, Illinois, Brokers,