At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
PVSI’s Enterprise Agile Transformation team is an end-to-end business transformation approach, which leverages and adheres to Wells Fargo Agile as part of a full lifecycle product management process. It aims to strategically accelerate how quickly we move from ideas to production; bringing customer value to market, and delivering better quality products to customers, more frequently. Speed to Market looks beyond customary technology and development to uplift organizational constructs and how people work together to make decisions. Committed to partnering with others in Wells Fargo, Speed to Market seeks to create value and help our customers succeed financially.
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated Agile Coach to help advance and scale the Speed to Market transformation adoption, working with Scrum Teams to adapt new ways of thinking. This role will be required to collaborate across a complex, matrixed organization. The role will partner with business and technology partners to foster adoption of Wells Fargo Agile, introducing scalable practices which result in sustainable change. A ‘roll-up your sleeves’ position, the successful candidate will be actively coaching Scrum Teams, while leveraging past experience and knowledge to help continually assess and evolve our transformation implementation model.
The primary responsibilities:
- Educate partners and internal customers on Speed to Market transformation and Wells Fargo Agile.
- Coach cross-functional Scrum Teams, guiding them through transformation by facilitating customary and customized Agile activities to achieve successful transition to, and adoption of, the desired target state.
- Support constituent partners by identifying challenging change management activities and processes, and effectively cultivating a safe environment for learning and personal / team transformation.
- Develop collaborative and cooperative working relationships with multiple organizational, building awareness and generating desire for Speed to Market transformation, Wells Fargo Agile, and continuous delivery.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvements by collaborating to refine and uplift approach, processes, and all related materials.
- Core Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the learning and adoption of Speed to Market by individuals and teams as they gain insights and experience with Agile methods and practices.
- Ask open and thoughtful questions which help people rethink and change the way they structure work: utilize value streams, influence and encourage continuous value delivery, cultivate iterative application development, QA, and project management.
- Guide transformational change with managers, programs, and team levels, in a large matrixed organization, helping them see broader perspectives, and shift mindset to adopt new skills associated with self-governing teams.
- Mentor Scrum Masters and teams on best in class Agile practices, and coach technology and business teams in innovative ways to resolve issues inherent in application of the Agile methodology.
- Provide strategic thought leadership on impediments to accelerated delivery through active participation in forums and communities of practice.
- Partner and collaborate with key stakeholders throughout Wells Fargo to mature the acceptance of accelerated delivery within Wells Fargo.
- Guide teams in initial tracking and monitoring of metrics and reporting for TMO diagnostics.
- Perform periodic methodology maturity assessments for teams: provide coaching and input to reach higher levels of maturity, continuous improvement.
- Ensure teams understand the need to meet all compliance requirements within Wells Fargo.
- Aspire to continual self-development, remaining current on all Agile CoE standards and practices; grow understanding of integral Agile and SaFE to coach others as transformation expands.
- Embrace ambiguity, while fostering an open and collaborative environment to manifest change.
- Develop well-articulated written and oral communications content (e.g., emails, presentation materials, etc.,) demonstrating a keen understanding and applying the appropriate level of detail dependent upon stakeholders
- Collaborate with peers and partners to share, and evolve, best practices
- Learn business processes and language of Speed to Market and Agile professionals within Wells Fargo
- Design, track, and analyze data for various initiatives, to evaluate adoption and program success and inform future activities
- Recognize and enthusiastically share the benefits of transformation activities and team initiatives
- Deliver quality and timely work on projects requiring a high level of detail
- Remain flexible for shifts in priorities navigating with readiness and efficiency
* Prefer the position to be located in the posted locations but will consider applicants located at other Wells Fargo hub locations
*The position may travel up to 30% of the time.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- 7+ years of formal / informal leadership experience
- 3+ years of implementing scaled Agile transformation in a complex, silo-driven environment
- 8+ years of hands-on / practical Agile experience
- 5+ years as an active Agile Coach
- Appropriate Certifications for Coaching Agile including Scrum Master. Scrum Coach, Agile Coach (e.g., I.E Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), Certified Scrum Coach (CSC), Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), Agile Coaching Institute Agile Certified Coach (ACI ACC), SAFe 4.5 / SPC, LESS, Scrum@Scale, Agility Health Facilitator) PROSCI is a plus
- Demonstrated proven experience leading successful scaled Agile implementation
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile delivery methodology, from business and technology perspective (Waterfall [Solution Delivery Lifecycle: SDLC] is a plus to make appropriate comparative assessments when coaching)
- Proven experience working in large scale Agile as a successful and experienced ScrumMaster
- Experience coaching, and coordinating efforts with, multiple teams, Agile coaches and SCRUM masters within a matrixed technology organization
- Experience with one of more Agile tools used for tracking user stories and backlogs (e.g., JIRA)
- Strong spirit of collaboration, working across large organizations to reach a common goal, while actively promoting authenticity, transparency, and thought leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop compelling content and facilitate presentations in an engaging manner, while effectively managing time to ensure full delivery of content to audiences
- Experience facilitating and delivering training or other related facilitation experience such as large group meetings or presentations
- Ability to effectively communicate, and practice active listening – guiding teams to the answer rather than presenting the solution.
- Experience working in a geographically dispersed, cross-functional large corporate environment, while influencing and motivating others via multiple media channels
- Change management or large scale transformation experience in complex Fortune 100 environment
- Success thriving in an ambiguous and evolving work environment, while helping others cultivate successful transformation opportunities.
- Self-starter, with a proven ability to effectively manage time and produce tangible results
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships in a matrixed organization
- JIRA and/or Agile Central experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.