UnitedHealthcare's Medicare & Retirement Insurance Solutions IT organization is seeking a high-impact delivery leader, with a technical background, experienced in leading organizational change; developing high performing, self-directed, co-located teams; leading development and operational technical projects; and managing stakeholder relationships at the executive level.
In this role as Delivery Leader, you will act as one of the key leaders responsible for driving the modernization of our core policy administration system, leveraging scaled agile principles and values to implement a creative, strong business and technical vision. You will mentor teams on value delivery, decision making, transparency, predictability, collaboration, and will instill a continuous improvement mindset.
- Measure progress and communicate delivery status at all levels of the organization.
- Ensure the right resources and technology solutions are aligned at the right time to deliver value
- Help transform our managers into servant leaders and improve the technical capabilities for our scrum teams
- See and evangelize opportunities to improve development and delivery through better tools, automation and process improvements
- Define the principals and creative metrics to drive continuous organizational and individual agile development
- Promote ‘One Team’ concept across our internal and vendor partner teams
- Identify and coach change champions across the organization that act as informal mentors/coaches to continue increasing the maturity across the organization.
- Clearly understand the vision, context and goals and help the team steer towards them
- Add value to technical discussions about functional design and implementation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related technical field
- 10+ years of experience managing people, application design AND development
- 10+ years of experience as a Project Delivery Leader
- 3+ years of experience with engineering practices including Enterprise Architecture, DevOps (CI-CD, Test Driven Development, etc.)
- Strong risk management skills and experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
- Ability to influence change at the leadership levels to the team level and form productive relationships quickly
- Demonstrated communication, facilitation, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Rally
- Experience driving scaled agile projects at a company other than UHG
- Experience using scrum planning tools
- Experience with SAFe, including all roles, and practices within the framework
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: delivery, lead, manager, director, agile, Horsham, PA