On the one hand, no industry is moving faster than health care. On the other, no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than Optum and UnitedHealth Group. That's what makes this opportunity so inviting. We have hundreds of business verticals across our matrixed organizations that are bringing thousands of new ideas, services and products to the marketplace every year. Our goal is simple. Use data and technology to help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. When you join us as a Project Manager, you'll be engaged in a complex business model that is highly adaptable to build solutions that meet their customer needs in a competitive and effective way. If you're out to do more, this is the place to be.
- Lead or contribute to the development of program or project scope statements, in consultation with applicable stakeholders (e.g. program/project charter, Statement of Work, Business Vision Document)
- Identify project duration, effort, sequence and dependencies of tasks required to meet applicable project objectives
- Drive/participate in the capital request process, as appropriate (e.g. presentations, cost-benefit analysis, business case)
- Monitor and document project milestones and outcomes throughout the project lifecycle to ensure adherence to established quality standards
- Develop, communicate and implement program and project risk, issue management plans and strategies
- May lead functional or segment teams or projects and serve as a leader/ mentor by reviewing work performed by others and provide recommendation for improvement
This is a challenging role that relies on your ability to effectively lead project teams and build relationships with stakeholders. Your ability to use various methodologies and tools to collaborate in a cross-matrix environment will drive long term success keeping the team on track within the project scope and timeline.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of project management experience using data and information to make business decisions
- Previous experience leading and/or coaching a team
- Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- PMP Certification
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.