Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm) Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps. These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways. Primary Responsibilities:
- Review stakeholders with Product Manager
- Work with Product Manager to ensure that features deliver business value to customers and backlog reflects the program vision
- Confirm and manage program financials
- Facilitate the creation of the Definition of Ready (DoR) and ensure that it’s followed throughout the program
- Ensures that the Agile team is set up to succeed
- Co-Facilitate the Product Management Council (PMC)
- Manage the program estimation process
- Manage change, risks, and impediments at the program level
- Define how the team and program align to business goals
- Provide a clear view of deliverables
- Show a three to 6 month planning horizon ordered by Program Increments (PI) and release milestones
- Balance business input, risk, dependencies, feature size, and velocity
- Facilitates PI Planning
- Collaborates with all team members (particularly Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Product Manager)
- Facilitates the program-level Scrum of Scrums
- Drives continuous improvement
- Ensures cross-team collaboration
- Provide visibility into progress and impediments
- Facilitate activities to refine the Program Backlog and Program Roadmap
- Drive Delivery close activities
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems.
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks.
- Translates concepts into practice
- Provides explanations and information to others on difficult issues.
- Coaches, provides feedback, and guides others.
- Acts as a resource for others with less experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of IT Project Management experience
- 4+ years of working with all aspects of the System Development Life Cycle
- 4+ years of data gathering/analysis and writing system requirements
- Experience working with test plans and test cases
- Experience facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proficiency with MS Project
- Proficiency with MS Visio
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Healthcare Industry experience
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Agile Practitioner, Telecommute, work from home