At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Innovation Group develops new and innovative solutions for customers and team members. This enterprise team focuses on delivering next-generation customer-inspired technologies, products, and services. By allowing customers to work with Wells Fargo when, where, and how they want to, the team helps the company stay competitive by being responsive to customers’ needs.
The Artificial Intelligence Enterprise Solutions group, part of the broader Innovation Group at Wells Fargo, was formed in early 2017 with the mandate to enable the enterprise to leverage the full capabilities of AI for delivering insightful and personalized experiences for customers and team members, driving greater operational efficiency, and better managing risk.
One of the major focus areas for the AI team is to deliver Chatbots and Virtual Assistants serving customers and team members through multiple channels and across all lines of business. This role is the Conversational Design Team Lead, and will be responsible for the successful implementation of all chatbot/virtual assistant projects and use cases. This individual will provide the leadership and help set the standards, principles and patterns for how we do conversational design at the bank, intelligently and effectively. This role will partner closely with Product Management, providing input on functionality and capabilities that the team needs in the platform to be successful.
This is an opportunity to join a start-up within a large organization. Be flexible and adaptable – this is an evolving space, we’re going to learn, things will change. Be curious and creative – help us find solutions and chart the course. Be action-oriented – we need to roll up our sleeves, work hard, and get a lot of stuff done. This leader will inherit a small team, and will need to help us grow substantially so we can keep pace with the opportunity in front of us to deliver useful, insightful and highly satisfying conversational experiences all across the enterprise.
**Other locations may be considered
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 5+ years of management experience
- Hands on expertise designing and implementing AI conversational experiences via chatbots or virtual assistants, at enterprise scale
- Solid knowledge and understanding of intent classification, entity extraction, dialogue flows, and NLP training principles
- Familiarity with content annotation tools such as IBM Watson Explorer
- Broad understanding of Financial Services and general banking operations
- Technical background and understanding
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Creative thinking; great at brainstorming, ultimately helping turn ideas into action
- Learn quickly, show depth of understanding
- Great partner, collaborator, adept at finding and crafting solutions
- Excellent communicator, skilled giving presentations
- Moderate-to-frequent travel, if not based in San Francisco, CA
- Beyond experience, the right personal integrity, style and attitude are critical to success in this role.
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic.
- Proactive innovator, motivator and change agent - able to effectively and constructively lead change in an organization.
- Collaborative, influential and highly self-aware, find solutions
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.