At Optum, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at Optum, a business of UnitedHealth Group, is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can - do culture - we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Optum Care Medical Group serve the communities within Orange and southern Los Angeles counties. The combined medical group is composed of 23 practices with more than 90 physicians and mid - level providers. From pediatric and adolescent medicine, to adult and senior care, Optum Care Medical Group strive to provide a higher level of service through our unique, patient - driven model.
The Ambulatory Clinic Practice Manager will be responsible for overall practice management and administration of assigned and supervision of 22 staff members, and 12 multi - specialty providers.
$5k One Time Sign - On Bonus For External Candidates
*Must be available for questions during those hours if needed.
- Manage clinical operations for one or more OptumCare Medical Group (OCMG) clinics
- Develop, plan, and organize all day - to - day activities of the clinical office(s)
- Responsible for managing daily assigned clinic operations related to patient care according to OCMG clinical practice standards, and established policies and procedures
- Direct, supervise and coordinate staff and activities to provide quality and effective patient care
- Foster effective and courteous communication with providers, staff, OCMG support team, vendors, and administration on all related matters to clinical operations
- Improving clinic operations to optimize financial and quality performance and increase provider productivity. The responsibility includes supervision of operationally related oversight of clinic staff (clinical and ancillary staff)
- Participate and support in process improvement initiatives, and LEAN processes design and conduct monthly staff and provider meetings to enhance practice communication
- Maintain compliance with established healthcare industry regulatory, licensure, and accreditation standards
- Bachelor’s degree (in healthcare administration, business administration, or related field) OR 5+ years in healthcare management experience in an ambulatory setting
- 5+ years of progressive medical practice experience
- 3+ years managerial / supervisory experience
- 3+ years knowledge of insurance and medical terminology, coding, collections, and federal / state laws governing medical compliance
- Prior experience working with an electronic health record and billing system, including data and vendor management
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy,click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Ambulatory Clinic Practice Manager, Ambulatory care, urgent care, clinic manager, Practice Manager, Medical Office, Bachelor degree, RN, supervisor, ambulatory setting, medical terminology, EMR, Vendor management, Vista, Carlsbad, San Marcos, San Clemente, California, CA