BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
As Assistant Manager, you will have opportunity to have a direct impact on our growth strategy, develop a winning team and be part of a culture which embraces, Team, Community, Respect and Integrity:
The Assistant Manager is responsible for learning and managing the operational and merchandising areas of the Clubs. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Managing all operational and merchandise areas of the Club to ensure compliance with policies and procedures including shrink, expense control, human resources, payroll, labor scheduling
- Developing & administering procedures and processes to ensure compliance with operational and merchandising policies
- Ensuring the Club’s building, equipment, furniture and fixtures are properly maintained and in working order
- Managing the Club’s budget, including payroll, repairs and maintenance and other controllable expenses to achieve the Club’s planned profit
- Developing Team Members and Managers for internal growth and assisting with the hiring process
- Performing management functions in the absence of the General Manager
- High school diploma, college degree preferred
- At least 3 years of retail supervisory experience
- Knowledge of club operations, receiving and merchandising
- Able to travel to clubs in the area
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.