Challenge can often be it's own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported in building an impact and fast paced career? With UnitedHealth Group you can have all of the above, everyday.
Here's your opportunity to combine expertise and compassion in new ways as you strike the balance between health care costs and resources. In this senior role, you'll ensure that health care contracts are priced accurately and fairly for all involved. As you do, you'll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
The Analyst, Specialty Pharmacy Contracting will be on a team responsible for the development of pharmaceutical manufacturer contracts, agreements, and amendments in compliance with company contract templates and within established standards. In this role you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with internal and external partners at all levels. Primary responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the specialty pharmacy contracting process
- Draft/review/revise contracts / proposals / documents
- Assess risk in business opportunities
- Negotiate terms and conditions of contracts
- Apply systems and technology to administer the contracting process
- Work closely with legal and business teams to ensure accurate contract language
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with pharmaceutical companies and internal business partners at all levels
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Participate in department projects as needed
- Undergraduate degree
- 1+ year of contracting experience
- Proficiency in MS office programs
- Strong interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information verbally and in written documents
- Healthcare contracting experience
- Specialty pharmacy contracting experience
- Healthcare, retail pharmacy, or Pharmacy Benefit Management knowledge
As we make our networks more efficient and effective, we make life better for millions. That's the opportunity with UnitedHealth Group. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.SM
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.