The Planning & Analytics team partners with the organization to drive the business by conducting holistic analyses to inform and improve decisions. The team is characterized by a passion for using data and analyses to solve business problems; the analytical horsepower to tackle a wide range and large number of questions quickly but effectively; the ability to flex amidst rapidly changing and often competing priorities; strong collaboration and communication skills; and, an innovative drive to improve processes, tools and methodologies.
The Analyst will partner with the Site Merchandising, eCommerce, Product, Engineering and Marketing teams to ensure that we are optimizing the customer experience across channels. The applicant must not only have outstanding quantitative skills, strong intellectual curiosity and the ability to build business-driving capabilities and tools, but also a successful track record of deriving quality, actionable recommendations from data and influencing decision makers to action against those recommendations.
- Partner with an array of teams to identify business drivers, trends, and drive execution opportunities within the scope of optimizing our merchandising and exposure strategies
- Communicate insights and recommendations effectively across multiple functions and levels throughout the company – ranging from executives to the “on-the-ground” employees
- Enhance cross-functional relationships with many teams to gather the appropriate input needed to successfully achieve results
- Design, create and automate weekly, monthly and quarterly eCommerce dashboards and reports as well as develop meaningful Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) at all levels, including executive summaries and detailed channel performance reports.
- Analyze web traffic and site behavior for customer and business insights to support business decisions and deliver on improved customer site experience or business growth (sales, margin, traffic and conversion)
- Partner internally and externally to ensure best practices in metrics and decision-making are being maintained. Proactive in analyzing customer behavior using available data to influence changes on the website.
Skills & Requirements
- 2 - 4 years of experience working in a fast-paced, multi-channel marketing and/or analytical environment. Some internet or Retail/eCommerce experience is a plus
- Excellent web analytics experience (Adobe Analytics/Omniture) a must.
- Experience with advanced Excel, data analysis, and reporting skills (hands-on use of pivot tables, vLookups, and advanced formulas/functions for large datasets)
- Experience with complex data sets as well as exposure to clickstream data, SQL, Tableau, or other Business Intelligence packages are a plus
- Ability to take on diverse ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests involving multiple factors, understand the objective of key stakeholders, and reshape the request as needed
- Strong affinity for visualizing data in a way that is relevant to answering specific business questions and appropriate for the selected audience
- Strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills
- Unafraid to challenge current processes and ways of working to promote better processes
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively foster business relationships across teams
- Great communication skills with strong relationship and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment: highly self-directed, results-oriented and able to work at both strategic and tactical level
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.