At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Cards & Retail Services team helps customers achieve their financial dreams by providing a variety of products across the credit spectrum. We deliver industry-leading rewards, offers and benefits that recognize and celebrate our customers' relationship with Wells Fargo. Our customers all have unique goals and dreams - whether preparing for a home improvement project, shopping for a new sofa or kitchen table or meeting healthcare and dental needs. Others just want a financial tool that allows them to make everyday purchases while earning rewards. Our team works together with groups across the company, including the bankers in our 6,200 banking stores, to provide financing in the form of general-purpose cards, co-branded cards and private-label and industry cards. Our team is 6,700 strong, working in communities across the nation, and focused on doing our very best to help our customers succeed financially.This is an exciting opportunity for an Analytic Consultant 2 to learn all about the credit card business. The primary function of this role will be to support Rewards program with data-driven analytics to enhance customer engagement and customer experiences.
The Analytics Consultant 2 will be responsible for analyses and reporting on credit card Rewards engagement and be responsible for a variety of projects to solve business problems, identify business opportunities, and provide actionable recommendations.
In this position, you will be working closely with Rewards product and marketing teams to measure performance, enhance customer experience, solve complex business problems, and identify business opportunities. You will provide high quality data-driven analyses with insights leading to actionable recommendations.
• Passion for working with data and solving complex business problems
• Ability to gather, mine, and analyze data from multiple sources
• Ability to solve business problems through data-driven quantitative methodologies
• Ability to leverage multiple analytical tools and data sources and ‘connect the dots’ between disparate sources of information to produce high impact analytics tied to business objective
- 4+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 2+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 1+ year of SQL or SAS experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used in: statistics or predictive modeling methods (regression modeling, clustering, pattern recognition, graphics)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Strong work ethics, team oriented, energetic and positive attitude, attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Data mining skills with applied statistics experience preferred
- Self-motivated individual with ability to define and solve problems in collaboration with business partners
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.