At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Cards & Retail Services team helps customers achieve their financial dreams by providing a variety of products across the credit spectrum. We deliver industry-leading rewards, offers and benefits that recognize and celebrate our customers' relationship with Wells Fargo. Our customers all have unique goals and dreams - whether preparing for a home improvement project, shopping for a new sofa or kitchen table or meeting healthcare and dental needs. Others just want a financial tool that allows them to make everyday purchases while earning rewards. Our team works together with groups across the company, including the bankers in our 6,200 banking stores, to provide financing in the form of general-purpose cards, co-branded cards and private-label and industry cards. Our team is 6,700 strong, working in communities across the nation, and focused on doing our very best to help our customers succeed financially.
This would be a new position under the Cards and Retail Services Analytics group responsible for Co-Brand reporting. The role is responsible for performing analyses and projects to solve a variety of issues around the Co-Brand cardholder population; including overall portfolio results as well as different customer segment activity within the portfolio.
This Analytic Consultant 2 position is responsible for identifying business requirements and translating business needs into moderately complex analyses and projects for a department or functional area
This role will support the design, build, and maintenance of reporting solutions to help analyze and grow the portfolio. The role will perform data scientist and analytical functions: using data and analytical ability to find and interpret rich data sources; manage large amounts of data within hardware, software, and bandwidth limitations; merge data sources; ensure consistency of datasets; and creating visualizations to aid in understanding data. In addition, they will perform ad-hoc queries and that enables businesses to effectively mine historical data and better understand consumer behavior.
Duties of this role include:
• Performing complex analysis of findings and trends using statistical and/or financial analysis, modeling, process documentation, profitability analysis, etc.
• Identifying business requirements and analytical needs; identifying and recommending potential data sources; compiling and mining data from multiple, cross business sources
• Responding to requests for specific, customized reports and ad hoc analyses
• Ensuring adherence to data management regulations and policies
• May partner with technology group
- 4+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 2+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of databases and data mining techniques
• 2+ year of experience with Analytical tools (ex: SAS, R) or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
• Analytical query experience and ability to write moderately complex analytical queries
• Ability to gather, mine, and analyze data form multiple sources
• Familiar with statistical concepts
• Experience with Tableau or other BI tools
• Self-starter who is naturally curious and can jump in and research problems
• Prior experience working with retail analytics
• A BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.