At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
In partnership with TOG and Business leadership, the selected candidate will govern technology solutions to ensure alignment to the approved Target State Architecture. He or she will review all proposed architectural solutions and facilitate horizontal integration reviews.
Our Business Capability Development team manages and implements cross-organizational processes, technologies and initiatives in partnership with the Wells Fargo Technology Operations Group (TOG), to deliver business technology services, project management services, and supporting governance processes to Consumer Lending business units.
Within BCD, a set of services has been established that provides business-side leadership relative to the application rationalization and Target State Alignment. This position will have two primary areas of responsibility: 1) Manage and maintain the inventory of applications and EUCTs and 2) Drive application rationalization activities which reducing the overall technology footprint and spend.
Responsibilities for inventory management include ensuring compliance to the Technology Asset Management Policy and the End User Computing Policy. The individual will ensure we maintain a complete set of metadata for all of the applications and EUCTs within their assigned group. This will be done proactively, as they will not rely on others to maintain the integrity of the metadata. They will also be accountable for understanding relationships between their applications/EUCTs and associated capabilities, processes, and organizations. They will create detailed portfolio reports for senior leaders as requested. Once a year, the will facilitate a formal application/EUCT certification process across their assigned group.
Responsibilities for application rationalization include driving application/EUCT consolidation and retirement opportunities. The individual will leverage the inventory of information to identify consolidation or retirement opportunities, and will track those opportunities for senior management. They will also leverage their knowledge to support the maintenance of the group’s Target State Architecture.
- 4+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 2+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Technology portfolio or demand management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of technology architecture: applications systems design and integration
- Leadership experience
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to lead application and EUCT inventory meetings through objective analysis and technical expertise.
- Good understanding of technologies used to build applications and EUCTs:
- software and hardware architecture
- operating systems
- middleware and messaging
- system topology design and integration
- desktop EUCT technologies (MS Access, Excel, FoxPro, etc.)
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.