At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
Wells Fargo is expanding its Enterprise Testing program within Compliance risk. As part of this, Wells Fargo is looking it leverage data-driven insights to find, classify and predict operational risk issues. This role drives implementation of a data governance and quality model around analytical data that drives data-related compliance and operational risk workstreams. The position requires an individual who has a demonstrated ability for solving the problems associated with large data environments, can effectively multitask, and has a passion for improved efficiencies and accountability along the data supply chain. This role plays a critical role in assessing appropriateness of data that enters the analytical review team.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Perform complex data profiling to gain an understanding of proper use of very large data sources, regulatory and operational data analysis, time-series analysis, and comparative analysis.
- Analyze data using SAS and SQL, and deliver relevant findings and recommendations. Test aggregate and transactional levels findings for statistical significance. Creatively challenge existing assumptions of data quality and business utilization/meaning.
- Build and execute data quality analysis framework. In cooperation with management and senior peers, ensure that agreed - upon methodology is followed to capture all foreseeable issues. Within analysis framework, consider that business process failures may affect the quality of data, and assess downstream impact.
- Provide clear documentation showing data lineage of data processes. Maintain repository of project documentation for internal knowledge transfer, audit, and regulatory review.
- Establish and maintain relationships with line of business data and process owners to ensure that issues and concerns are known and escalated appropriately.
- Identify potential solutions pertaining to automated data delivery, metadata management, and data quality best practices required by the data function.
Please Note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 3+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of direct experience coding in SAS or SQL
- Compliance and Operational Risk background
- Experience in data quality analysis, testing and validation
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.