At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Cards & Retail Services team helps customers achieve their financial dreams by providing a variety of products across the credit spectrum. We deliver industry-leading rewards, offers and benefits that recognize and celebrate our customers' relationship with Wells Fargo. Our customers all have unique goals and dreams - whether preparing for a home improvement project, shopping for a new sofa or kitchen table or meeting healthcare and dental needs. Others just want a financial tool that allows them to make everyday purchases while earning rewards. Our team works together with groups across the company, including the bankers in our 6,200 banking stores, to provide financing in the form of general-purpose cards, co-branded cards and private-label and industry cards. Our team is 6,700 strong, working in communities across the nation, and focused on doing our very best to help our customers succeed financially.
This is a new position under the Cards and Retail Services Analytics group. The primary task of this role would be to provide portfolio analysis and reporting for the Wells Fargo Co-Brand population.
The selected individual will be responsible for:
- Working cross functionally to define business requirements and analytical needs
- Developing reporting packages for Co-Brand partners
- Complex partner assignments to identify and define strategic business issues that require analyses and translates this information into insight, knowledge and understanding of the business and the industry
- Consulting and performing complex analyses/ analysis design involving data mining from multiple sources
- Conducting comparative analysis, customer/ demographic analysis, etc.
- Interpreting and presenting results of analyses and recommendations to senior management
- 5+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 3+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 2+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- 3+ years of SAS experience
- Credit card industry experience
- Ability to write SAS/SQL code from scratch
- Knowledge of Tableau and ability to create visual presentations for senior management
- Co-brand/third party analytics experience
- Ability to create dashboards and reporting, extracting data from various sources and pulling together in a meaningful way
- Ability to collaborate in a cross functional team environment to drive results
- Strong work ethics, team oriented, energetic and positive attitude, attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Ability to consult with a wide variety of stakeholders while performing complex analysis
- Root-cause analysis experience
- Experience compiling and mining data
- Ability synthesize data to “tell a story” and align information
- Ability to derive business insights from large data sets
- Previous consumer finance experience would be beneficial
- Ability to gather, mine, and analyze data form multiple sources, both internal and external sources
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.