At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Consumer Banking Consumer Control Monitoring & Surveillance Analytics team is responsible for independent monitoring to ensure Community Banking and Consumer Lending business process and activity owners implement effective and sustainable controls to manage risk and adhere to Company policies and regulatory expectations.
The analytic consultant provides key input into the design, development and implementation of detection and workflow capabilities that automatically identify potential sales misconduct issues and deliver real-time alerts to First Line of Defense groups for research and resolution. The analyst will build a strong foundation of automated processes to consolidate information across detection channels, alert history, customers, team members and branches, enabling effective monitoring of point of sale risks, and enabling robust risk reporting and analytics.
- Participate in the daily operations for risk detection and alert generation including current strategies and the on boarding of new strategies to ensure the process is efficient, effective and executed consistently.
- Independently author programs to efficiently extract data from source systems using a variety of SAS tools, such as macros, and SQL.
- Participate in the configuration and maintenance of detection strategies, logic and models within the target detection engine platform.
- Develop QA programs to identify any issues in the alert generation process, collaborating with members of the team to resolve data issues using interactive problem solving and troubleshooting techniques.
- Participate in the development of registries/databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines, and protection. Ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools, such as data dictionaries.
- Assumes responsibility as a partner for the planning, resourcing, and execution of relevant internal and external data management activities; coordinate data transfers and data reconciliation.
- Work in close partnership with EIT and DM&I collaborates on the design, development and implementation of analytical tools, infrastructure, and data environment enhancements required to support robust supervision, oversight and surveillance capabilities that are scalable across Consumer Banking.
- Research data applicable to surveillance and supervision of branch activities, compliance processes and risk management purposes for incorporation into risk detection strategies.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure high quality results and share techniques employed.
Successful candidates will have proven records of accomplishment of developing actionable data analytics and data strategies and will leverage this knowledge to facilitate the design, development and implementation of detection capabilities within Consumer Banking. Critical thinking, depth of technical skill and relationship management will be determining factors in selection. He/She must have a strong understanding of business drivers and processes, as well as possess excellent interpersonal effectiveness and the ability to translate complexity into easily understood insights.
Primarily Charlotte, NC - 301 S Tryon Street Floor 8 Charlotte NC 28282; however, the following locations will be considered:
- St Louis, MO - 1 N Jefferson Ave Floor 07 St. Louis MO;
- Phoenix, AZ - 11601 N Black Canyon Hwy Floor 2 Phoenix AZ 85029;
- San Francisco, CA - 550 California St Sac Tower Floor 04, 450 San Francisco CA 94104;
- Des Moines, IA - 1 Home Campus Floor 03 Des Moines, IA 50328
- 5+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 3+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of SAS experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of experience in data querying using SQL
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate effectively to senior and executive leaders.
- Expertise in providing strategic business solutions to complex technology initiatives, including interpreting business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to execute effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and functional areas.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Prior experience in business-oriented analysis, metrics design, data visualization techniques and database querying using large data sets sourced from a variety of data sources.
- Experience in relational database structures, system testing and quality assurance methods.
- Prior experience with the operation of analytical processes and process design / improvement.
- Prior experience with Risk/Compliance Analytics and/or AML or Fraud detection
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo Community Bank products, sales processes, data and systems.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.