At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
The Analytic Consultant 3 position reports into the WIM Analytics group supporting the brokerage business within the Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) division of Wells Fargo. The WIM Analytics group is comprised of client-focused, analytically-mined leaders, who transcend staff function roles by enabling actionable insights, metrics and information that inform business decisions, driving measurable results.
This position represents an addition to the team within WIM Analytics, which is tasked with creating analytics and insights for the brokerage business. The analyst in this role is expected to form strong, trusted and collaborative relationships with brokerage partners while providing innovative and accurate analytical solutions. The ideal candidate will combine superior analytic and problem-solving skills with excellent communication skills, to discover and present key findings associated with complex analyses in a way that influences decision-making.
Primary deliverables and responsibilities:
- This position requires the ability to navigate multiple databases in order to extract data necessary to perform complex analyses. Specifically:
- Understanding of how to mine databases, extract and manipulate data.
- Understands how to analyze and extract insights from large, complex datasets.
- Understands where, why, and how Wells Fargo/Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA) stores data, and how to source the correct data needed to perform analysis.
- Understands the WIM\WFA organization, including the partnership with the Community Bank, and has solid knowledge around the drivers of the business and how they impact clients and Financial Advisors.
- Creation of specific, customized reports and ad hoc projects
- Development of executive level presentations; turning data and analytics into visuals that can be easily understood by senior business partners.
- Engaging and providing valuable insights and feedback to business partners across the WFA and WIM businesses, discussing complicated business problems/solutions, while providing data based solutions and insights.
- Building strong relationships with business leaders through proactive communication, taking time to understand business needs while providing a consultative, analytical approach to problem solving.
- Ensure integrity of analyses through rigorous attention to detail
- Adhering to data management, compliance and security procedures and policies.
- Collaborates with other analytic and support resources in WIM Analytics to meet the needs of business partners.
Preferred locations are Charlotte, NC and Saint Louis, MO. Other locations may be considered.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 3+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- In depth knowledge of the brokerage/financial services industry, including sales, compensation, products, compliance, and operations.
- Demonstrated SQL skills including the ability to write complex SQL queries and knowledge of data structures/systems in order to extract, manipulate and analyze data.
- Demonstrated experience working with large databases to solve business problems including experience with either consumer or business relational databases.
- Demonstrated ability to work with statistical computing languages like SAS, R or Python as well as BI/Visualization (MicroStrategy, Tableau) tools
- Relevant data/system experience within BDW, WAE, EIW, BMG, Hemisphere and/or MDSS.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.