At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Brief Group Description (optional - description of your team’s responsibilities):
This position supports compliance programs for Wells Fargo Securities, Government and Institutional Banking, and Corporate Banking lines of business through the development, enhancement, and maintenance of processes to generate, analyze, and escalate regulatory compliance risk metrics, including key risk indicators (KRIs) and key performance indicators (KPIs).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The role is part of a team that on a regular basis is responsible for the following:
- Compliance Metrics Function – work with WFS Compliance program stakeholders to establish and maintain library of key risk and performance indicators, including governance program for maintenance and change management for catalogue of metrics.
- Analytics Function – collaborate with stakeholders to determine the best method to analyze above metrics, execute analytics to provide compliance program insights, collaborate with data visualizations team, use statistical methodologies to perform trending analysis and create forecasting models, ascertain appropriate analytic ranges and thresholds, work with compliance reporting function to include analytics in reporting, analyze data across risk sources and systems of record to determine horizontal emerging risks, and work with Corporate and Wholesale Front Line and Independent Risk Oversight groups to ensure that other representations of our metrics reconcile.
- Business Owner of associated tools
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with generating, analyzing, and escalating KRIs and KPIs to drive process enhancements and strategic decision making.
- Significant knowledge of financial products and or portfolios assigned and the ability to synthesize data to form a story and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective and historical trends.
- Ability to collaborate with compliance program owners, business and support partners, and other teammates to solve business problems including development of metrics.
- Demonstrated experience working with business, support and/or risk teams to create reporting solutions based on specifications and requirements.
- Implemented rules and predictive methods to improve risk based scenario analysis.
- Proven ability of developing insights from data and telling the story in a clear and compelling way.
- Partner with data warehouse architects and software developers to generate seamless business intelligence and reporting/analytics solutions.
- Identified trends and insights by bringing traditionally siloed data together for a holistic view.
- Exceptional ability to translate complex analysis and insights into presentations to business leaders and executives.
- Experience with and proficiency in metrics analytics, business intelligence, and data visualization (including tools such as Tableau, QlikView, Microsoft BI).
- Heavily quantitative and technically oriented.
- Ability to understand, synthesize and work with data, including creating alignment among various data sources, developing trends, and creating risk-based analytics from multiple information sources.
NC-Charlotte: 550 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.