At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Community Banking Risk Management (CBRM) is responsible for independently overseeing the regulatory and operational risk activities within Community Banking (CB). The incumbent will build a strong analytical foundation to consolidate information across interactions, customers, team members and products. This foundation will in turn provide CB leadership key metrics and insights to enhance accountability throughout Community Banking’s branch leadership structure.
- Identify and implement a data-driven, consistent process of surveillance and supervision for branch activities, with a particular emphasis on sales practices and operational risk.
- Collaborate with senior leaders and/or peers to develop robust actionable analytics to monitor sales practice and/or other field risk.
- Leverage advanced data analytics to identify risk patterns and trends and provide insights on the effectiveness of Community Banks Supervision and Oversight programs and processes.
- Responsible for supporting the roll-out of detection strategies and assessing them for optimization and efficiency opportunities.
- Leverage both structured and unstructured data and “Big Data” analytic tools and platforms to provide insight into risk trends and help improve risk and monitoring processes.
- Partner closely with leaders across Community Banking to identify and optimize the ongoing risk analysis and reporting necessary to support first line accountability for sales practices and other key risk issues.
- Lead efforts in collaboration with First Line and Second Line of Defense groups to research, identify and implement workflow and real-time alerts capabilities.
- Leverage data and analytics to inform and influence line of business strategic planning team in long term plan development around sales supervision.
- Partner closely with other Community Bank Risk Management teams to support Branch Quality Reviews, Compliance Reviews and other activities providing data analytics as required.
The individual will join the Strategy and Implementation team within the Risk Supervision and Oversight Analytics organization and initially report directly to Matt Brown, Community Bank Risk Management Supervision and Oversight Analytics Leader.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record of developing actionable data analytics and data strategies to inform, influence, and drive business outcomes. Leadership, relationship management, and credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess strong data analytic experience and have strong interpersonal effectiveness with the ability to translate complex analytics in to easily understood insights. He/She must have strong understanding of business drivers and processes and be an effective influencer that has credibility with business leaders and able to offer credible challenge as needed.
Locations: Phoenix AZ, Charlotte NC, Minneapolis MN, Des Moines IA, and San Francisco CA are preferred but will consider other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership skills including the ability to influence effectively in a matrix environment
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid problem solving skills
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate trends and impacts to mid-senior level management
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Ability to recruit, retain, and grow high potential talent/teams
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Experience working with changing priorities and deadlines
- 4+ years Business or Risk/Compliance Analytics role.
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo Community Bank products, sales processes, data and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including executive management, regulatory examiners and internal auditors.
- Demonstrated SQL skills to include the ability to write complex queries and database knowledge in order to analyze data sources across a variety of sources including but not limited to BMG, EIW, Customer Interactions, MDSS, CIS, HR, and STS
- Demonstrated expertise with SAS, Python or R.
- Demonstrated experience with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Investigator
- Demonstrated experience with both supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques.
- Demonstrated experience with Big Data capabilities, especially Teradata Aster, Hadoop, and Spark.
- Demonstrated data visualization experience using a BI Tool e.g., Tableau, Microsoft BI, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.