At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
The Enterprise Testing Data & Analytics (ETDA) provides reporting with audiences such as the firm’s Business Leaders, Risk Leaders, Operating Committee and Board of Directors. The analytics capability provided by the ETDA applies learning from the testing activities and drives early detection of operational failures across the firm. It will implement and manage comprehensive data analysis and reporting of the testing activities across the Second Line of Defense, leveraging the work of other Enterprise Testing functions to produce a comprehensive view of how risk-taking and exposures are monitored on an ongoing basis, helping to ensure that we can identify and act on areas that need attention or improvement.
The Analytics Consultant 4 position will develop tools that will be used in decision support, strategy development, as well as regulatory responses related to compliance and risk mitigation.
Key duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Analyze various data (structured and unstructured) across all lines of business (LOBs), using SAS and SQL, and deliver testing and validation improvement strategies/recommendations based on findings.
- Engage with LOB business partners to understand how testing activities are performed and processed into various systems. Translate this knowledge into an understanding of how data is populated into systems of record and data warehouses and synthesize findings into data and process insights.
- Develop reporting and analytics to ensure adequate and consistent monitoring of adherence to enterprise testing policies and standards across all LOBs. Work with peers within Data & Analytics to incorporate recurring analytics into suite of automated processes.
- Collaborate in producing executive-level reporting and presentations that provide a clear line of sight in key Compliance and Risk trends and metrics.
** Please Note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells FargoRequired Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of financial industry experience data
- 3+ years of risk management experience within the risk business line preferably related to data and reporting experience
- Experience creating Executive level reporting/presentation materials that effectively communicate complex data in a clear effective manner
- Experience creating reporting based upon risk based data and/or information
- 3+ years of SAS programming experience
- Understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
CA-Irvine: 23 Pasteur - Irvine, CA
CA-LA-Downtown Los Angeles: 333 S Grand Avenue - Los Angeles, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.