At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Default Servicing team engages, understands and advises consumer real estate customers of available solutions to resolve mortgage delinquencies.
The Mortgage Servicing Strategic Analytics and Forecasting (SSAF) Team conducts in-depth research and analysis within Default Mortgage Servicing to drive operational and financial improvements, identify impacts from strategic decisions and process changes, and provide deeper levels of understanding of portfolio performance. The SSAF team also forecasts volume flow for all major default servicing functions to support capacity planning and loss reserves.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Engage with Default Servicing functional areas, Finance, data team, and internal/external analytic consultants on conducting research and analysis and present findings to business partners
- Perform regular analysis on models and metrics such as business seasonality, market changes/conditions, inventory inflow and outflow, accuracy, trending patterns, correlations, etc. to ensure the forecasting process is an accurate representation of the functions it supports.
- Prepare and present informative visualizations for the Line of Business operations that intuitively display large amounts of data and/or complex relationships, key assumptions, and business drivers (internal and economic) to provide key insights to leaders
- Propose methods to improve results, insights and efficiency of routine analysis and current models
- Develop ad hoc data analysis/modeling as requested by senior management or functional teams
- Reconcile data to source reports to ensure accuracy of data used in analyses
- Work closely with other analytics consultants to identify, design and build appropriate queries and datasets for complex analysis and modeling requirements
- Acquire a deep understanding of the servicing function supported to serve as a valuable resource to the other members of the SSAF team, promoting knowledge sharing and team collaboration
- Ensure adherence to all Model Governance requirements and partner with the Model Governance team to ensure that all required submissions are completed and submitted on schedule
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 3+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prepare and present senior level communications
- Knowledge and understanding of technology: capacity management disciplines and modeling techniques
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to research, compile, and perform complex analysis on critical operational data
- Financial industry experience
- SAS, R or equivalent analytic software experience
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.