At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Our Wells Fargo Auto team supports one of the nation's leading auto lenders. The team offers integrated financial services solutions designed primarily for the auto dealer community, providing financing and related services to both dealers and consumers nationwide.
The Analytic Consultant position is responsible for conducting complaints data analytics and reporting to support Line of Business, Compliance and Regulatory needs. They will work on complex assignments that identify and define strategic business issues. They will also translate this information into insight using knowledge and understanding of the business and the industry. As part of the Customer Insights team within Customer Excellence, this positon will be responsible for working with senior leaders to explain monthly variations in customer complaint trends and top themes that emerge from data analysis. They will use a variety of statistical techniques and be very comfortable programming in SAS to retrieve and analyze data from various environments. They will have leverage techniques like predictive modeling, regression/multivariate, financial, comparative analysis, customer/demographic analysis as it applies to the business question. In addition this position will require business savvy and strong interpersonal relationship skills to translate data to insights that can lead to improvements in the customer experience.
Analytics involved generally span multiple functional areas/business lines/data sources.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of analytics processes to capture customer data
- Recommend sophisticated analytic techniques to the team and work alongside other SAS, SQL, Tableau experts to build a strong foundation of “data to insights” practice
- Conduct extensive research and data profiling to determine drivers and causals related to observed trends
- Conduct analysis that generally span multiple functional areas/business lines/data sources
- Process, manipulate and mine data that can be large volumes, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources
- Leverage (directly or indirectly) query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc. that enable analysis, modeling, and/or data visualization
- Recognize the significance of competing priorities and strategies, adjusting as necessary. This role will ensure that all processes adhere to appropriate policies and regulations.
- Exhibit responsible data validation, governance, privacy and quality control techniques that focus on data accuracy and data security
- Consult with cross functional business partners to data analytics needs and build strategies, decks, reports and dashboard to deliver data in a manner that is useful to our partners within the business
- Track and evaluates performance of programs, services and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business leaders and SME’s; build effective rapport with internal customers
- Communicate written and verbal customer insights and recommendations to resolve escalated customer questions, concerns and complaints of moderate to high complexity
- Align and provide input to Customer Excellence and Customer Insights roadmap
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously coordinating project timelines and deliverables
- Leadership of project/virtual teams & mentoring for junior staff or colleagues
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 4+ years of SAS programming experience
- Knowledge and understanding of databases and data mining techniques
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to translate and present complex technical data across technical and non-technical groups
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Strong analytical skills with ability to turn findings into executable plans to meet business objectives
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, opportunities to streamline business processes, and implement change
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Solid creative and strategic thinking skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of auto finance industry
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.