At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance (WFC) is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
This position is in the Financial Crimes Analytics (FCA) organization, a part of the Wells Fargo Financial Crimes Risk Management Organization. FCA focuses on employing data intelligence from customers, transactions, products, channels and businesses to implement corporate BSA/AML, fraud, and customer due diligence solutions. The Advanced Transaction Monitoring (ATM) Team is part of the Bank Monitoring & Surveillance Group in FCA who leverages data and analytics tools to provide business solutions. The ATM Team utilizes Teradata SQL, SAS, Statistics, and Python to create, maintain, and improve state-of-the-art transaction monitoring programs.
This Analytic Consultant 4 (AC4) is responsible for, but not limited to:
Collaborating with investigators, line of business, and technology partners to identify and define business requirements, and translate those requirements to data and analytics requirements.
- Researching and exploring both internal and external data sources across business lines and data systems, and compile and document relevant data to support the monitoring program development.
- Leading program developments using sound business judgements and analytics tools.
- Designing and implementing analytics solutions using Teradata SQL, SAS, and Python.
- Monitoring program performance and maintain program standards to satisfy Wels Fargo policies and procedures.
- Conducting exploratory research and analysis for program improvement and management requests.
Preferred locations include San Francisco, CA., Oakland, CA. and Portland, OR.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Exposure to Wells Fargo data warehouses such as: EIW, BMG, MDSS, Hemisphere, IMS, SMS, or CMODS
- Knowledge and understanding of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and terrorist financing regulations and programs
- Knowledge and understanding of compiling and preparing executive summaries, whitepaper, and presentations for management/senior leaders
- Knowledge and understanding of financial crimes investigation
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- 4+ years of SQL experience
- 4+ years of Teradata experience
- Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to document, track performance, and explain qualitative and quantitative models to all levels of audiences.
- Ability to tune Teradata query performance.
- Familiar with Wells Fargo Wholesale data environment
CA-SF-Financial District: 1 Montgomery St - San Francisco, CA
OR-Portland: 1300 Sw 5th Ave - Portland, OR
CA-Oakland: 1901 Harrison St - Oakland, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.