At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) delivers a comprehensive suite of banking, capital markets and advisory solutions, including a full complement of sales, trading and research capabilities, to corporate, government and institutional clients. We focus on our clients' overall financial needs, with consideration and respect for their total relationship with Wells Fargo.
The Analytic Consultant will be responsible for driving the buildout of the Traded Products Domain (TPD) Authorized Provisioning Point for supporting initial platform delivery in the sourcing and conformance of data from WFS trading systems.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Driving future platform delivery in sourcing and conformance other traded products concepts such as Collateral, Agreements, Market Data, and RFQ/IOI
- Driving future platform delivery of non-WFS trades and positions across the enterprise
- Maintaining a knowledge base for successful long term sustainability for the platform
- Driving and supporting delivering on enterprise critical use cases in the next few years, such as provisioning and mapping of data to Market Risk, Counterparty Risk, eONE, Volcker Metrics, QFC, and FRTB
- Enabling future-state analytics and reporting in partnership with leaders from the WFS business, Wholesale, and enterprise partners
- Working with the Traded Products leadership and business user constituencies to identify and document information business requirements, both through data and business processes
The TPD Authorized Provisioning Point delivers a governed trade, position, and collateral repository for analytic and reporting use across the enterprise, leveraging a big data architecture stack (Hadoop) in partnership and accordance with the Data Governance Policy and Enterprise Technology Blueprint. This includes driving the scope, planning, reviewing and achieving sign-off on a highly visible enterprise regulatory project that is long term, across the enterprise and carries a substantial impact to the relevant businesses with demonstrated ownership assigned tasks from end to end.
This position is subject to FINRA Background Screening Requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background check. Internal transfers are subject to comply with 17 CRF 240.17f-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and FINRA Bylaws, Article III, Section 3, which states that Associated Persons should not be subject to statutory disqualification. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and are required to report certain incidents.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Experience in problem analysis, solution implementation, and change management
- Ability to prepare presentations, management reporting, and statistical analysis
- Securities industry experience
- Capital markets experience
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- SQL experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to identify gaps through risk based testing
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Knowledge and understanding of Hadoop
- Experience developing and executing communication strategies by collaborating with large, matrixed teams
NC-Charlotte: 550 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.