At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Capital Markets team manages the interest rate and operational risks associated with the origination, sale and servicing of mortgage loans, and provides liquidity for the mortgage assets originated by Wells Fargo.
The Customer Excellence Data & Analytics team is looking for a highly motivated and results-driven individual to join a high performing team of professionals. The team is accountable for leading and delivering cross organizational data and analytics, as well as critical insight for business changes to improve the customer experience. The changes are of high priority, extreme complexity, high visibility both internal and external, and fast paced with time constraints.
Specifically this individual will have responsibility to:
- Focus on executing Wells Fargo Home Lending’s Commitment to Customer (C2C) Policy. You will perform analysis to identify customers who have been negatively impacted (financially or otherwise) due to gaps or breakdowns in WFHL operational processes
- Work with senior leaders and business partners to assess and define their analytical and reporting needs, and translate their requirements into insightful and actionable output.
- Lead large-scale analytics and reporting projects in order to tell ‘one story’ about customer experience within the Consumer Lending Group.
- Provide thought leadership and statistical/mathematical expertise in to assessing the potentially complex financial and other impacts of harm to our customers
- Create analytical documentation that is both easy to follow and meets compliance requirements
- Quickly learn about new areas of the business in order to provide accurate, timely and complete information
- Facilitate discussions between business partners to understand drivers and impacts to trends and data.
- Compile/mine data from multiple sources to solve complex operational and/or strategic business problems as they arise, making the appropriate recommendations to maximize decision quality and compliance.
- Ensure adherence to data management regulations and policies
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to translate complex technical needs into straightforward requests for information and collaboration, working with a wide range of people
- 4+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to research, analyze, document, and present organizational metrics that drive business decisions
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer lending data and analytics
- Ability to negotiate actions and timelines with team members in other departments
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations while meeting aggressive timelines
- Willingness to quickly and independently learn new processes and systems
- Willingness to ask questions in potentially difficult situations
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.