At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
This position is for an experienced Analytic Consultant to join the Third Party Compliance Oversight team and perform a significant individual contributor role in developing, implementing, and executing a sustainable, defined program for complaint, issue management, and other third party data analytics to proactively identify areas of emerging risk, and to establish ongoing reporting on compliance risks and related issue management for third parties. This position requires application of analytical, statistical modeling, stochastic and/or forecasting methods to synthesize data to 'form a story' and align information to identify emerging third party risk.
- Key role in the development and implementation of the third party compliant and issue emerging risk / trend analysis in accordance with all applicable Wells Fargo model policies and procedures
- Lead in the development, implementation, and ongoing execution of a complaint and data analysis program focused on proactively identifying potential compliance risks in third parties
- Identify appropriate data sources and ensure data quality and completeness in adherence with all applicable Wells Fargo policies and standards
- Coordinate with peers and data source experts to drive development and implementation of the complaint and data analysis program for third party compliance oversight
- Lead formulation and implementation of procedures and controls in support of the complaint and data analysis program, as well as the process to identify emerging risks
- Key contributor to the formulation and implementation of procedures for the analysis of reporting and underlying data from multiple vantage points to proactively identify area of potential compliance risk, as well as analysis of data quality for improvement and development of metrics for ongoing monitoring of potential third party risk. Must also develop ongoing reporting on emerging areas of risk based on this analysis.
- Responsible for issue management related to third party complaint and data analysis program, including coordination of targeted research and root cause analysis.
- Develop impactful senior level reporting
- Build and maintain strong and constructive relationships with regulators and WFAS
- Effectively managing change and creating a culture of “compliance awareness” where all team members share in accountability
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Experience communicating in both written and verbal formats with senior executive-level leaders
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- A MS/MBA degree or higher
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Experience performing highly complex activities related to business analysis and/or modeling
- Advanced SQL, SAS, DB2, or other Wells Fargo approved data management application
- Advanced Tableau, Micro Strategies, or other Wells Fargo approved data modeling application
- Exposure to Wells Fargo’s Shared Risk Platform (SHRP)
- Exposure to Third Party Risk Information Management System (TRIMS)
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Third Party / Supply Chain Management experience
- Experience evaluating and reporting on indicators of risk
- Experience with risk reporting
- Extensive knowledge of risk-based regulatory compliance including the industry and laws and regulations that apply to areas of responsibility.
- Strong operational skills and experience executing on implementation of complex initiatives
- Strong skills in coordinating across many business lines and working in an environment with multiple systems and processes
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.