At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo.
It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Wealth and Investment (WIM) Risk Analytics team is seeking a lead analyst to join our team as an Analytical Consultant 5 who can drive forward solutions focused on business problems related to Operational Risk, Financial Crimes, Supervision, and Surveillance. The group is comprised of client focused business leaders who transcend staff function roles by enabling actionable insights, metrics and information that informs business choices and drives measurable results across the Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) division. Broadly, our group is a centralized analytics team that provides deep analytic thought and rigor in support of Risk (Credit, Investment, and Operational), Financial Crimes, Supervision, and Surveillance.
Utilize a strong technical, analytical skillset (SAS, SQL, R, Python) to navigate multiple databases in order to extract the data necessary to perform complex analyses.
Create end-to-end analysis (data or statistical) from data extraction to end-state manifestations, whether in a business intelligence solution or PowerPoint presentations.
Interact and effectively communicate with a variety of technical and non-technical team members to ultimately provide insightful analysis and convey findings in a clear and succinct manner.
Interprets results and recommends solutions to mitigate risk, reduce expense, increase revenue, and improve operational efficiency.
Influences opinions of others and drives what is best for the business.
Develops executive level presentations; turns data, analytics and insights into compelling visual effects that can be easily understood by business partners.
Builds strong relationships with business leaders through proactive communication, taking time to understand business needs while providing a consultative, analytical and punctual approach to problem solving.
Manage project teams and provide guidance to less experienced team members.
Act as an equal partner and trusted advisor to the business by collaborating and engaging with our group’s Modeling, Business Intelligence, and Data Infrastructure teams to provide the appropriate capabilities to the business problem.
The ideal candidate….
You are passionate about the power of analytics and believe in its ability to inform sound business decisions
Combines superior analytic and problem solving skills with excellent communication skills, to discover and present key findings associated with complex analysis in a way that influences decision making.
You form strong, trusted, and collaborative relationships with business partners to ensure alignment while achieving business goals.
You have a deep passion for spotting emerging trends, breaking new ground, statistical storytelling and transforming ideas into new strategies.
You know how to rise above the numbers and explain the essential idea to business users who don’t always understand the analytical details.
Has experience in the financial services industry with a focus on risk analytics
Capable of utilizing modeling techniques to answer complex problems
Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypotheses and make recommendations to a broader audience
Strong presentation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, including results packaging and development of management presentations preferred
Ability to take a business problem or project from beginning to end with very limited guidance from leadership
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- 5+ years of SAS programming experience
- 8+ years of technical experience utilizing: SAS, SQL, and/or R for analytic purposes
- 3+ years of experience with Business Intelligence tools, preferably Tableau.
- Knowledge of large databases, i.e. Teradata and/or Oracle or equivalent
- Relevant data/system experience within Wells Fargo data environments (BDW, TDW, EIW, etc).
- Strong interpersonal, consulting and business partner management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with all levels of team members including senior executive-level leaders
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
IA-Des Moines: 666 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.