At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Let’s talk about building a rewarding career
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of intelligent and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
The Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) Risk Analytics team is seeking a lead analyst to join our team as an Analytics Consultant 5 that will be focused on strategic risk projects (regulatory, legal, etc.) while also driving forward solutions across various risk domains (financial crimes, operational, investment). This professional will be a key leader in evolving the use of advanced analytics within WIM Risk. He/she will be self-driven with a curiosity and eagerness to utilize analytical and technical capabilities to uncover meaningful insights that exist below the surface level. This leader will consult with partners across WIM Risk to provide data driven solutions to support and influence decision making. Broadly, our group is a centralized analytics team that provides deep analytic thought and rigor in support of Risk for WIM.
- Partner with the WIM Risk teams to discuss complex business issues that require in-depth analysis to drive insights and inform business decisions.
- Create end-to-end analysis (data or statistical) from data extraction to end-state manifestations, whether in a business intelligence solution or PowerPoint presentation.
- Utilize a strong technical, analytical skillset (SAS, SQL, R, Tableau, Linux/Unix) to navigate multiple data sources in order to extract the data necessary to perform complex analyses
- Develop executive level presentations; turns data, analytics and insights into compelling visual effects that can be easily understood by business partners.
- Build strong relationships with business leaders through proactive communication, taking time to understand business needs while providing a consultative, analytical and punctual approach to problem solving.
- Manage project teams and provide guidance to less experienced team members
- Act as an equal partner and trusted advisor to the business by collaborating and engaging with WIM Business Intelligence, Modeling, and/or Data Integrity teams to bring the appropriate capabilities to the business problem.
- Interact and effectively communicate with a variety of technical and non-technical team members to ultimately provide insightful analysis and convey findings in a clear and succinct manner.
- Interprets large quantities of data to provide insights that include recommended solutions to mitigate risk, reduce expenses, increase revenue, and improve operational efficiency.
If applying through LinkedIn, use #WIMRisk #ESGRisk or #WFRiskJobRequired Qualifications
- 5+ years of SAS programming experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- A BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- 4+ years of analytics experience
- Financial services industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of statistical analysis
- Strong presentation skills
- 2+ years of Linux experience
- 2+ years of Tableau experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- 8+ years of experience with large databases (Teradata, Oracle, or DB2/other), including how to query them effectively and create data structures
- Understanding of FINRA, SEC, OCC regulations is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with all levels of team members including senior executive-level leaders
- Relevant data/system experience within Wells Fargo data environments (BDW, TDW, EIW, etc.)
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.