At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This position is involved in the back end application support of the Business Modeling Group (BMG) data warehouse Teradata platform. BMG is an analytical data warehouse that is used across multiple business lines, and contains large data sources from hundreds of various system of records (SOR’s). This individual will be responsible for having a high level understanding of what data is within the BMG Teradata platform. This position will be responsible for both direct and indirect resolution of User inquiries.
In addition, this position will be required to perform analysis regarding L3 production issues. This includes: a) validating data quality base on issue identified; b) understanding BMG application team responsibilities; c) understanding technical infrastructure used to load the data; d) comprehend and validate recommendations provided by BMG developers; e) comprehend technical documentation regarding data transformation logic; f) BMG User communications; g) executing complex queries in order to identify issue with data.
Responsible for senior level consulting partnerships including delivery of findings and recommendations pertaining to User and L3 production support.
This individual will be the first line of support for Wells Fargo data analysts regarding questions pertaining to BMG tools, data, and issues.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 4 + years of experience writing relational database queries for stored procedures, query optimization and performance tuning
- 5+ years of data warehouse experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Teradata experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.