At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Our Wells Fargo Auto team supports one of the nation's leading auto lenders. The team offers integrated financial services solutions designed primarily for the auto dealer community, providing financing and related services to both dealers and consumers nationwide.
As part of the Wells Fargo Auto Data Services Team the Analytics Consultant 5 will be part of the Data Services Team within Wells Fargo Auto. The Data Services team serves as a strategic partner for WFA by providing data management for the line of business, offering best in class insight, analysis, and governance while fostering strong relationships throughout the organization to help build innovative solutions and protect our businesses and clients. Our Data Services team promotes a strong risk culture and provides strategic/operational leadership.
May travel occasionally to meet with stakeholders. Posted locations will be given preference but other Wells Fargo locations may be considered. Please note that this posting may be taken down early due to job seeker volume.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Support and manage a Consolidated Risk Data Mart (CRDM) for Credit Risk/Corporate users. CRDM is built using SAS and is used for risk and regulatory reports such as BASEL, 14Q, CCAR and models.
• The position will be required to process programs at month end, which will at times require weekend processing.
• Collaborate with users to design, implement, automate and manage data acquisition and load processes.
• Translate business needs and objectives into technical requirements and data solutions
• Perform data discovery and investigation to ensure that the data meets the business objectives
• Build and maintain the necessary and mandated controls and procedures to ensure data accuracy and business functionality
Specific duties and responsibilities of the role include, but may not be limited to:
• Have strong business sense and communication skills to interact seamlessly with Dealer business partners and serve as a liaison with Credit Risk, Corporate Controllers, and Corporate Credit and COE stakeholders to improve efficiencies and enhance the data quality.
• Support enterprise and LOB data initiatives associated with regulatory and risk reporting.
• Developing in-depth knowledge and expertise regarding WFA data.
• Striving for an exceedingly high level of accuracy
• Develop an innate understanding of the data and respond to data/production questions/issues by performing analysis of findings and trends using SAS and SQL.
• Ensures adherence to data management regulations and policies.
• Consult with business partners to identify new data elements and understand the process in how the data elements have been originated. Deep dive in data warehouses to understand and clarify the data elements.
• Provide leadership to other Data Services consultants.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 9+ years of SAS programming experience
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Experience in gathering, analyzing and interpreting large datasets
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Strong analytical skills with ability to turn findings into executable plans to meet business objectives
- Experience with Wells Fargo Auto data and business systems
- Very strong SAS or SQL, demonstrated programming skills with the ability to manipulate volumes of data.
- Experience with Wells Fargo Auto data and business systems
- Ability to influence and create an environment that fosters collaboration and credible challenge across multiple levels of the organization
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.