At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally, with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. Our 10 major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Insurance, Wells Fargo Securities, and Principal Investments. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wholesale Financial Crimes Risk Control (WFCRC) team is responsible for the coordination, oversight and ultimate execution of Wholesale Banking’s commitments to key internal and external stakeholders as it relates to the management of financial crimes risk with the Wholesale Bank. In addition to having responsibility for Wholesale Banking’s execution of the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) program, WFCRC is also responsible for the remediation of the OCC BSA/AML Consent Order. This team will partner with line of business (“LOB”), operations, risk and compliance team members, Wholesale Control Executive Office, Enterprise Financial Crimes Risk Management, Wells Fargo Audit Services, and Testing & Validation to advocate and ensure alignment in scope, purpose, expectations and execution of the Wholesale Financial Crimes Program. The team will achieve this through a focus on strong communication, strategic planning, thoughtful and meaningful tracking/reporting, and timely escalation and change management.
The newly created Wholesale Financial Crimes Strategic Controls and Analytics team within WFCRC is seeking a dynamic analytics consultant. WFCRC has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, forward-thinking Analytics Consultant (AC). The AC will report to the Strategic Controls and Analytics (SCA) Reporting and Analytics Lead and will help provide BSA/AML and Financial Crimes expertise and oversight to the Wholesale LOBs and other key stakeholders.
In general, an AC5 is responsible for performing highly complex activities related to business analysis and/or modeling. Responsible for senior level consulting partnerships including delivery of findings and recommendations. Duties typically include providing insights, developing analytical strategies, performing analytical support and/or modeling regarding a wide array of business initiatives. This job requires application of analytical, statistical modeling, stochastic and/or forecasting methods. Designs and leads some of the most complex projects / analyses, generally spanning multiple products / business lines / functional areas/data sources and may involve extremely complex analytical application of industry-leading experimental techniques or exploratory data analytics. Typically focus on the theory and / or advanced mathematics behind the analyses. Applies knowledge of business, customers, and / or products / services / portfolios to synthesize data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective. Data involved typically very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources. To a certain degree, may be involved directly in the technical build-out and / or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc. that enable analysis, modeling, and / or advanced data visualization. Leads project / virtual teams & mentors lower level staff. May manage a small team.
This AC5 posting is within the WFCRC SCA. This group is responsible for oversight of all data movement and analysis related to all the operational risk functions within the Wholesale division.
The AC5 will be responsible for data analytics processes and results for Wholesale Financial Crimes Risk and Compliance. This position will be a contributor on the team with the following responsibilities:
- Write / code SQL (Oracle, SQL , Teradata) and use advanced MS Excel capabilities to identify customer populations and key data elements in support of data enrichment and document remediation efforts in a highly complex environment
- Define and build data repositories to support long-term analytics needs and centralize commonly referenced data, leveraging prior database development background (in SQL, Oracle, or Teradata)
- Identify data sources and data gaps, perform data compares by writing / coding SQL (Oracle, SQL , Teradata), import temporary datasets, and use advanced MS Excel capabilities
- Perform analytics required to support various projects or information requests
- Identify requirement for and work with teams to build reports to support ongoing information needs relative to WFCRC processes and controls
- Write / code SQL (Oracle, SQL , Teradata) and use advanced excel capabilities to define and execute queries or logic to retrieve data from various sources within and possibly outside of Wells Fargo
- Analyze data and create summaries in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio or PowerPoint for management review and communication
Leadership, integrity, and credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will be impressive in their inter-personal effectiveness and with regard to their accomplishments. It requires a leader with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Locations: Charlotte NC, Minneapolis MN, Phoenix AZ. Others locations may be considered.
If applying through LinkedIn, use #WFRiskJob or #ESGRiskRequired Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- SQL experience
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) experience
- Knowledge and understanding of database querying and creating ad hoc reporting results using TSQL or similar querying methods
- Teradata experience
- Tableau experience
- Knowledge and understanding of database analysis and development
- Knowledge and understanding of database querying and creating ad hoc reporting results using SQL or similar querying methods
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to articulate a complex problem, design, or build strategy
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Ability to dissect technical problems, analyze data, and recommend potential solutions
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Advanced Microsoft Visio skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including high level of proficiency in modeling
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheets experience importing, exporting, and manipulating data
- International or wholesale banking exposure; preferably within Wells Fargo
- Knowledge and understanding of wholesale banking products and services
- Financial crimes experience
- SQL Server experience
- SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS / SSIS experience
- 6+ years SQL and/or Analysis background (can be SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Database development background (can be SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with SSRS connecting to Teradata
- Skills in writing requirements, functional designs, and diagraming key concepts to support data work
- Advanced data skills, ability to talk in terms of data attributes/tables, and ability to write SQL queries (can be SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience building and retaining documentation to track analysis results and logic
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, actively participate in projects/discussions, work through problems and help reach decisions that are in the best interest of the Company and the customers
- Track record of living Core Values and holding other team members accountable to these Values
- Experience working with multiple database solutions and retrieving and consolidating data from disparate information sources
- Experience in as a financial crimes data analyst
- Experience as data analyst in Wholesale or Wholesale line of business
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.