At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
The Analytics Consultant 5 position reports into the Advanced Analytics and Decision Sciences team, part of Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) Analytics. The WIM Analytics group is comprised of client focused analytics leaders who help drive WIM success by providing innovative and disciplined analytics that solve business problems and inform decision-making. The Advanced Analytics and Decision Sciences team supports WIM and the rest of WIM Analytics with execution of the most challenging and complex analytical problems, including problems in optimization, forecasting, machine learning, natural language understanding, and simulation.
The person in this position is expected to become an expert in advanced analytics techniques, combining business knowledge with superior analytics in order to deliver actionable insights to the business. The key to success will be the ability to form strong, trusted and collaborative relationships with all parties while providing innovative and accurate analytical solutions. The ideal candidate will combine superior analytic and problem-solving skills with excellent communication skills, to discover and present key findings associated with complex analysis in a way that influences decision-making.
Primary deliverables and responsibilities:
- Executes on complex analysis to solve real business problems and capture existing and emerging opportunities across WIM
- Builds strong relationships with other WIM analytics partners and business leaders through proactive communication, taking time to understand business needs while providing an analytical approach to problem solving
- Continuously develops new analytical and technical skills and shares learnings with the team proactively
- Works in a team environment to execute on the full life cycle of an analytic project
- Engages with and provides valuable insights and feedback to business partners across the WIM businesses, discussing complicated business problems/opportunities, while providing fact based solutions
- Collaborates with other analytical resources across the business to meet partner needs
- Ensures integrity of analyses through rigorous attention to detail and validation of data including adherence to all compliance and security procedures
- Architects and executes on complex analysis to solve difficult business problems. Has ability to navigate multiple databases in order to extract data necessary to perform complex analyses
- Influences opinions of others and drives what is best for the business
- Provides thought leadership and willingness to delve into deep analysis around business concepts, driving the business and discussions with partners
Preferred locations are Charlotte NC, Des Moines IA, Minneapolis MN and Saint Louis MO. Other locations may be considered.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- A Master's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- Financial services industry experience
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Demonstration and presentation facilitation skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- BS/BA in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, operations research or another quantitative field
- Demonstrated ability to work with statistical computing languages like SAS, R or Python
- Demonstrated ability to use computing frameworks like: Spark, H2O, Tensorflow, Pyspark, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate large datasets
- Demonstrated experience working with large databases to solve business problems including experience with either consumer or business relational databases
- Ability to collaborate with others or work independently, initiate action, adapt to change, and accept challenging assignments
- Experience working on cross-organizational projects in a highly matrixed organization and influencing decisions by effectively partnering with business leaders and related parties
- Strong knowledge of mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, marketing, computer science and/or analysis
- Relevant data/system experience within BDW, WAE, EIW, BMG, Hemisphere and MDSS
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.