At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Wholesale Financial Crimes Risk Controls (WFCRC) team is responsible for the coordination, oversight and ultimate execution of Wholesale Banking’s commitments to key internal and external stakeholders as it relates to the management of financial crimes risk with the Wholesale Bank. In addition to having responsibility for Wholesale Banking’s execution of the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) program, WFCRC is also responsible for the remediation of the OCC BSA/AML Consent Order. This team will partner with line of business (“LOB”), operations, risk and compliance team members, Wholesale Group Risk Office (in particular Financial Crimes Risk & Compliance), Enterprise Financial Crimes Risk Management, Wells Fargo Audit Services, all applications within the Wholesale Data EcoSystem (WCIS, Cornerstone, iHub, WDM, etc), and Testing & Validation to advocate and ensure alignment in scope, purpose, expectations and execution of the Wholesale Financial Crimes Program. The team will achieve this through a focus on strong communication, strategic planning, thoughtful and meaningful tracking/reporting, and timely escalation and change management.
WFCRC has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, forward-thinking Analytics Consultant 5 (AC5). The AC5 will report to the Strategic Controls and Analytics (SCA) Operations Risk lead and will help provide expertise and oversight to the Wholesale LOBs and other key stakeholders.
In general, an AC5 is responsible for consulting with partners to identify and provide business needs, complex analysis, and recommendations. Identifies and recommends internal and external data sources, compiles/mines data from multiple, cross business sources; recommends and participates in the development of complex analysis designs using statistical and/or financial analysis, predictive modeling, process documentation, comparative analysis, customer/demographic analysis, etc.; interprets results and recommends solutions to increase revenue, reduce expense, maximize operational efficiency/quality, etc. Ensures adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies. Data involved may be very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources. To a certain degree, may assist indirectly in the technical build-out and/or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc. that enable analysis, modeling, and/or data visualization. May manage project teams and provide guidance to less experienced team members.
This AC5 posting is within the WFCRC Strategic Controls & Analytics team (SCA). This group is responsible for oversight of data and analysis related to all the operational risk functions within the Wholesale division.
The AC5 will be responsible for process/data oversight and accurate / timely delivery of business capabilities for the WFCRC, Data team. This position will support the team and be responsible for:
- Providing updates via SharePoint for weekly project management status and reporting
- Assisting with creating/managing a process to prioritize data gaps, issues, etc.
- Partnering with business groups, project management teams, technical teams, and other key individuals associated with filling ‘data gaps’ and/or ‘data issues’
- Providing guidance on project scope while keeping in mind Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Know Your Customer (KYC), and Financial Crimes purview guidelines
- Reviewing stakeholder documentation for accuracy and validity in overall design or delivery components
- Performing data analysis required to support various projects/identifying data sources and data gaps or information requests by writing/coding complex/recursive SQL (Oracle, Microsoft SQL, Teradata) importing temporary datasets, and using advanced MS Excel capabilities to identify populations in a highly complex environment
- Identifying business needs and working with teams in building reports to support ongoing needs relative to WFCRC Processes and Controls
- Providing User Acceptance Testing, internal review, and/or guidance for the business deliverables
- Performing moderately complex to complex test data conditioning, with an emphasis on negative testing – to verify project processes are functioning as expected.
- Analyzing process, data, and/or controls and creating summaries in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio, or PowerPoint for management review and communications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Visio skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Experience implementing and monitoring regulatory compliance training
- Ability to facilitate training
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to track large volumes of activities across multiple projects and groups
- Superior project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Relational database experience
- Knowledge and understanding of database design/modeling logical and physical
- Knowledge and understanding of database administration, design, or modeling
- Knowledge and understanding of database querying and creating ad hoc reporting results using SQL or similar querying methods
- International or wholesale banking exposure; preferably within Wells Fargo
- Knowledge and understanding of wholesale banking products and services
- 5+ years of advanced skills in SQL (SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Nexus) with the ability to talk in terms of data attributes / tables and the ability to write complex SQL queries
- Working knowledge of information architecture; e.g., master data management, data warehousing, etc.
- Working knowledge of statistical packages; e.g., Jupyter / scikit-learn, SAS, etc.
- Experience working with large integrated technology environments
- Working knowledge of enterprise system integration patterns
- Experience building and retaining documentation to track analysis results and logic
- Skills in writing use cases and diagraming key concepts to support data work
- Experience with Compliance data and controls in Wholesale or Wholesale (or similar) line of business
- Experience in Wholesale CDD Customer systems such as WCIS, Cornerstone, iHUB, WDM
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.