At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, and Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
Enterprise Data Remediation (EDR) team members are an important part of the overall data management framework. Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. EDR provides support to First Line of Defense (Line of Business and functional support teams) partners to design and implement solutions for collecting, managing, and consuming data.
The EDR team provides four key functions to support the Enterprise Data Remediation mission:
- Support for Data Issue Prioritization
- Data Issue Triage & Disposition
- Data Issue Assessment & Solution Design
- Data Issue Remediation (Solution Implementation)
The Analytic Consultant 6 will report directly to the Senior Data Remediation Analytic Manager within the Traded Products, Markets & Counterparty Risk data remediation team.
Primary responsibilities within this role includes:
- Lead medium and high priority data issue remediation efforts for risk and regulatory reporting requirements, business data needs and business processes that impact the Enterprise.
- Lead in depth analysis and sizing of medium and high priority data issues, understanding the impact of each issue to Risk and Regulatory reports.
- Drive the design of near term solutions where appropriate. Solutions may require solving for a combination of policy and process gaps, designing new tools / systems or enhancing existing tools or systems, enhancing or correcting reporting logic, modifying data feeds, and/or correcting or enhancing data controls. While ensuring that near term and long term solutions satisfy both the needs and requirements of the Regulators, and the data needs and strategy of Wells Fargo.
- Drive the development of prototypes or proof-of-concepts as appropriate.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (including but not limited to technology partners) to define requirements and drive the implementation of solutions that resolve data issues, meet business needs, and satisfy regulatory requirements (where applicable).
- Establish and maintain relationships with partners across line of business, data sponsors, enterprise data governance, technology, operations, risk, finance, and project teams leveraging the traded products data.
- Provide data analysis support to audit and regulatory agencies, as necessary.
- Autonomously execute assessments or remediation plans as dictated by management, or collaborate with a team aligned against the same goals.
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
Who We Are:
- Learn more about Wells Fargo Analytic and Insight Careers
- Learn more about Wells Fargo
- 10+ years of experience in analytics, modeling or a combination of both; or a PhD in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 7+ years of experience in analytics, modeling, or a combination of both
- 7+ years of experience working with traded products / securities / capital markets in one (or a combination) of the following areas: technology, finance/accounting, trading (front/middle office), risk, corporate treasury, or regulatory/risk/liquidity reporting
- 3+ years’ experience in data analysis, data mining, or data remediation
- Demonstrated ability to build partnering relationships across the company at all levels (persuasive, good listener and assimilator of ideas and perspectives)
- Track record of successfully managing deliverables, preferably as it relates to large or complex projects
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a dynamic team environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with experience communicating with business partners, technology, and project managers
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to take raw data, synthesize, and present information at various levels of management
- Strong knowledge of data management and/or Data Governance concepts and practices
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize and operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; ability to deal with ambiguity and drive results often based on limited information
- Knowledge and understanding of risk and regulatory reports or requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of position, risk aggregation, or reporting systems within Wells
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.